Former site of Tinsley towers gets go ahead for art project.

Itll be us idiots what'll pay out of our rates or summat. :gag:

I always thought it is other people who decide whether or not one is an idiot.:P

Guest makapaka
Well said yhat man. This council are good at pullin summat down and then rebuilding the same. Now I realise why they listed Park Hill flats so anther idiot wouldn't rebuild the exact same eyesore. Thats what I call real budgeting. :hihi:

The council didn't pull down the cooling towers.

They also didn't list Park Hill flats.

Still don't let the facts get in the way of your arguments.

Congratulations on your reading skills. Hint: the council aren't paying.

Like the Student Games? Well I suppose the council didn't, it was us mugs the council tax payers.

another silly idea,waste of money,build a big steel man and save money that's all that's needed if we must spend money.

I wont. :suspect:

I will wait and see what it looks like when built before i pass judgement on it.Modern art doesnt usually work on me because i have a distinct lack of imagination but i will wait and see.I much prefer a proper working chimney.This is one of the best chimneys i have come across while traversing yorkshire.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/38/Listermillsbradford.jpg/1200px-Listermillsbradford.jpg

This bloke has also put a car upside down at the side of a motorway bridge how distracting is that for passig drivers he's tempting rubber neckin. This man is a Nutter. :loopy:

what happened to the man of steel statue ?. I would much prefer that , than these so called modern art things

In this particular case .... I have now. so I have ammended my post .. thanks for the heads up.

When the towers went down on August 25, 2008, it had been intended that a new £4 million public artwork would be created, with the aid of a £500,000 donation from energy company E.ON.

But, following the global financial crisis, the plans were downscaled for a smaller scheme to be created instead. Details of the new plans have now been revealed, which will be paid for using the money provided by E.ON.

IMHO. Most art projects still result in a waste of money though that could be better spent elsewhere....wherever it's coming from. But if E.on want to waste their money, and only their money perhaps E.ON customers ought to be thinking about how much they are over paying to company that can afford to waste money.

I stopped banking with Barclays because they started to sponsor football, if they can afford that they could; pay more interest, reduce their charges or actually have people staffing counters in Sheffield's central branch.

Why is art automatically considered a waste? What kind of life is it with just work and shopping?

Don't think they thought about this one.

I wonder how many accidents will be caused by drivers distracted looking at the "artwork" next to the busy meadow hell junction's at either end of the viaduct.

What next, disco lights on a large poo shaped plastic cover for the Blackburn Meadows treatment works?

I'm all for disco lights, just not where they will cause an accident. I quite like the grey piece of art work. I'm not really bothered about the other 3. I don't really think they'd cause an accident, as the artwork itself, is rather plain, and the colours are pale.

Do you know who did submit the application for Park Hill to be listed?

Ok dont give to hospitals build houses there you go something with a purpose has been built. There are already loads to look at in Shefield for example the flippin eyesore Park hill flats which some idiot listed. Yet another great decision . NOT.:suspect:

I like the look of the Park Hill flats, now they have been refurbished. A great re-use of a valuable building.

Much better to re-use the existing concrete structure than to demolish and rebuild, what a tragic waste of resources that would have been.