Former site of Tinsley towers gets go ahead for art project.

I will just say this, if I had 2 million to spare I would try to help the sick and not spend it this mularky. Its just not reight. :roll:

Have I got this right then, we are spending £2 million on towers/chimneys to replace the original towers that were demolished? :loopy:

Guest makapaka
I will just say this, if I had 2 million to spare I would try to help the sick and not spend it this mularky. Its just not reight. :roll:

But nothing would ever get built on that basis.

The world would be a very dull place. Sheffield would be completely barren with nothing to look at bar an enormous state of the art cancer ward dominating the skyline.

Thought council were bleating they hadn't got any money :huh:

Perhaps it's profits from those trees they've cut down :suspect: time to cut down a few more if they can generate money to waste on this :loopy:

Love that old eastwood movie where the mayor cry out, what, hundred thousand dollars to stop the sniper? Where am I going to get that?

Thought council were bleating they hadn't got any money :huh:

Perhaps it's profits from those trees they've cut down :suspect: time to cut down a few more if they can generate money to waste on this :loopy:

Congratulations on your reading skills. Hint: the council aren't paying.

Edited by barleycorn

I'd be interested to see how the hovering chimney and knot chimney are going to work.

Be slightly disappointed if they were all just made out of plastic and just painted to look like brick.

There's a BBC article on it here

Although, I'm somewhat confused why the original 'iconic' towers were demolished....But what do I know?

But nothing would ever get built on that basis.

The world would be a very dull place. Sheffield would be completely barren with nothing to look at bar an enormous state of the art cancer ward dominating the skyline.

Ok dont give to hospitals build houses there you go something with a purpose has been built. There are already loads to look at in Shefield for example the flippin eyesore Park hill flats which some idiot listed. Yet another great decision . NOT.:suspect:

There's a BBC article on it here

Although, I'm somewhat confused why the original 'iconic' towers were demolished....But what do I know?

Well said that man. This council are good at pullin summat down and then rebuilding the same. Now I realise why they listed Park Hill flats so anther idiot wouldn't rebuild the exact same eyesore. Thats what I call real budgeting. :hihi:

Edited by PRESLEY