Interference in other country's affairs

I have something I would like to know, as your the American expert on the forum, can you tell me are ISIS (or IS) friend or foe to America ?

It seems if they go to Syria, where they are considered terrorists by Assad, America arms them. But if they go to Iraq then America sees them as terrorists and bombs them.

Are they for or against ISIS ?

If they are against them, then does that mean they got it wrong by not listening to Assad or are they getting it wrong now, or... does it only matter if they are a threat to the Iraqi oil that America has its hands on ?

American foreign policy is a mystery, they condemn most nations for civilian deaths and then arm Israel in order to kill civilians.

Can you help me clear up my confusion please.

Just because ISIS turned out to be wrong uns it doesn't make Assad a saint. They're both murderers.

ISIS Is Taking Over Iraq Using Captured American Weapons

ISIS militants may be in a position to pummel other cities in Iraqi army control after capturing American-made weapons the group seized from the Iraqi military.

If only the USA had the foresight to include a self destruct in weapons they sell or give to foreign armies.

ISIS militants may be in a position to pummel other cities in Iraqi army control after capturing American-made weapons the group seized from the Iraqi military.

If only the USA had the foresight to include a self destruct in weapons they sell or give to foreign armies.

And what of the weapons that America was actually supplying them with on the other side of the border in Syria where they came from ?

I have something I would like to know, as your the American expert on the forum, can you tell me are ISIS (or IS) friend or foe to America ?

It seems if they go to Syria, where they are considered terrorists by Assad, America arms them. But if they go to Iraq then America sees them as terrorists and bombs them.

Are they for or against ISIS ?

If they are against them, then does that mean they got it wrong by not listening to Assad or are they getting it wrong now, or... does it only matter if they are a threat to the Iraqi oil that America has its hands on ?

American foreign policy is a mystery, they condemn most nations for civilian deaths and then arm Israel in order to kill civilians.

Can you help me clear up my confusion please.

I'm not an "American expert" so you got that wrong for a start. I do spend a fair amount of time reading world history and following current world affairs on the wide selection of media with different political slants and views.

ISIS are regarded for what they are, terrorists and killers. What evidence do you have that the US has armed ISIS in Syria? Those who are fighting Assad are disparate groups, some who are Al Qaeda, some members of different tribes opposed to Assad's tribal domination and perhaps ISIS are among them also but I dont think either the US or any European country are arming the rebels for that reason . and for that reason Assad is still in power

Russia is arming Assad however and the weaponry supplied has caused thousands of deaths among the civilian population to date

The explanation for supplying arms to Israel is historical due to a very small country surrounded by other countries whose agenda was to destroy it.

That threat seems to have waned considerably in recent years due to the internal conflicts within the Arab world. The middle east is a seething mass of religious sectarian rivalry. Israel's current adversary Hamas is loathed by Egypt and an outcast amongst the rest of the Arab countries. Iran is it's only current supporter. Saudi Arabia, mostly Sunni fears Shia Iran and looks to the US for protection. Iraq's leader Maliki, a Shia has allowed Iran to meddle in Iraq's internal affairs and brought Iraq to the verge of a civil war between Sunnis ( who Maliki has refused to share power with) and his own group the Shias. Now ISIS have appeared on the scene and intent on wiping out the Kurdish population and any others who oppose their insane rule

Obviously you are airing your opinions from the point of view of a Muslim. I only see the situation in the middle east as getting worse even as western intervention is no longer a factor. That part of the world is tearing itself apart.

If you look at another situation.. the Ukraine/Russia hostilities occuring at the same time. the ongoing tense situation between North and South Korea and the rising Japan/ China tensions it seems to me that we're set for another World War not very far down the line. Better start ordering your survival shelter from Amazon before everyone else gets the same idea :D

Edited by Harleyman

If you look at another situation.. the Ukraine/Russia hostilities occuring at the same time. the ongoing tense situation between North and South Korea and the rising Japan/ China tensions it seems to me that we're set for another World War not very far down the line. Better star ordering your survival shelter from Amazon before everyone else gets the same idea :D

Thank you for answering, and I take the warning serious, its all going belly up :o

---------- Post added 11-08-2014 at 17:46 ----------

Obviously you are airing your opinions from the point of view of a Muslim.

I refute that claim, I am not a Muslim. I have opinion from what is in the media.

ISIS have no weapons that could be regarded as hi-tech. If Obama really wanted to he could wipe out the lot using drones and air strikes. The air strikes already carried out against ISIS have enabled the Kurdish military to re-capture several ISIS held towns

---------- Post added 11-08-2014 at 16:52 ----------

Thank you for answering, and I take the warning serious, its all going belly up :o

---------- Post added 11-08-2014 at 17:46 ----------

I refute that claim, I am not a Muslim. I have opinion from what is in the media.

Like anything else the media, depending on it's slant influences personal opinion to a great degree.

There are people roaming around the US who really believe Obama is a secret Muslim and was born in a foreign country.

Thats an example of how much BS people buy

I'm not an "American expert"

This is very true.

ISIS are regarded for what they are, terrorists and killers. What evidence do you have that the US has armed ISIS in Syria?

A damning indictment if the following has any validity..

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/20/kuhner-how-obama-arms-al-qaeda/#ixzz34efaOR2W

http://washingtonexaminer.com/updated-obama-waives-ban-on-arming-terrorists-to-allow-aid-to-syrian-opposition/article/2535885

Or chose...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=obama+waives+federal+law+to+arm+terrorists&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:%7Breferrer:source?%7D&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GZEU_enGB482&gfe_rd=cr&ei=uPnoU8uwFc6BPcvbgeAM&gws_rd=ssl

Edited by ronthenekred

And what of the weapons that America was actually supplying them with on the other side of the border in Syria where they came from ?

Well, that's what William Hague wanted to do before the UK public said no and he got shuffled. A real vote winner he is

Well, that's what William Hague wanted to do before the UK public said no and he got shuffled. A real vote winner he is

I am waiting for him to be interviewed as an expert on the area and Tony Blair to explain what he has achieved as the Peace Envoy to the Middle East.