The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Of course he would run away from journalists, they twist just about everything he says, I am sure there are journalists he trusts, and journalists he doesnt, cant blame him for dodging the bad ones..

If he has trouble dealing with journalists image the fun he would have dealing with nation states that are not trusted. One thing we dont want is Jezza as PM hiding in the loos in case he gets doorstepped by Putin or Merkel or I dunno a dead chicken because he's too frit to stand up and be counted.

If he has trouble dealing with journalists image the fun he would have dealing with nation states that are not trusted. One thing we dont want is Jezza as PM hiding in the loos in case he gets doorstepped by Putin or Merkel or I dunno a dead chicken because he's too frit to stand up and be counted.

You mean like we have with the dead chicken we have at the moment? It was cringeworthy when she was in europe collecting her papers together and looking round like an helpless school child looking for a friend to talk to

You mean like we have with the dead chicken we have at the moment? It was cringeworthy when she was in europe collecting her papers together and looking round like an helpless school child looking for a friend to talk to

He couldn't even beat that one today....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/18/pmqs-verdict-corbyn-resorts-to-empty-slogans-on-vote-leave-and-brexit

"A clear win for May, her easiest for many weeks"

and that from the Guardian...

You do know that journalists and political leaders are not the same thing, don't you?

And on the subject of standing up and being counted, I take it you missed Teresa May's performance at Chequers last week where she just stood there while Trump made a complete idiot of her (and himself to be fair!)

I can't see Corbyn ever doing that.

I didnt notice May avoiding people. But this is the Labour thread so lets talk not avoid the question like usual... you think it's good for a potential (however unlikey) PM to be one who avoids tricky situations?

I cant blame him for treating certain aspects of the media with the contempt that they deserve, good on him I say, haven't you ever seen Bozo running from the media?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/18/pmqs-verdict-corbyn-resorts-to-empty-slogans-on-vote-leave-and-brexit

She wipes the floor with him at PMQ all the time.

There is a reason for this. The same reason that he avoids interviews. He's thick.

You do realise she gets the questions prior and not on the hoof?

If she clearly makes light work of Corbyn as you so blindly believe, then why was she scared to death of debating with him in the elections

You do realise she gets the questions prior and not on the hoof?

If she clearly makes light work of Corbyn as you so blindly believe, then why was she scared to death of debating with him in the elections

Wrong. The PM does not know the opposition leaders questions in advance, only some open questions. She is reacting on the hoof to Corbyn.

https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/business/questions/

"This means, in theory, that the Prime Minister will not know what questions will be asked of them. However, the Prime Minister will be extensively briefed by government departments in anticipation of likely subjects they could be asked about."

Clearly she is not briefed by Corbyn about the questions he will ask her.

Edited by Robin-H