The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Its always fun challenging those who blindly try and defend every little thing Corbyn or Labour does. A bit like shooting rats in a barrel sometimes though.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Its always fun challenging those who blindly try and defend every little thing Corbyn or Labour does. A bit like shooting rats in a barrel sometimes though.

Corbyn says Labour government would recognise independent state of Palestine

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/09/24/corbyn-says-labour-government-would-recognise-independent-state/?guccounter=1

Standing ovation as Corbyn promises to "recognise a Palestinian state as soon as we take office".

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Did anyone not tell him that saying this at this time would perhaps leave him just a bit vulnerable to the inveitable shouts and calls that are probably even now being prepared in Fleet Street?

Did anyone not tell him that saying this at this time would perhaps leave him just a bit vulnerable to the inveitable shouts and calls that are probably even now being prepared in Fleet Street?

I’m not sure that he cares too much. They would find something to gripe about anyway.

In any case, once Bone, Johnson, Rees-Mogg et al get going next week, nobody will remember a thing about the Labour conference.

Well they have proposed a policy whereby "media workers" will elect the editors to reduce the power of the "media bosses". Perhaps this will help ensure they only print the right sort of stories.

I’m not sure that he cares too much. They would find something to gripe about anyway.

In any case, once Bone, Johnson, Rees-Mogg et al get going next week, nobody will remember a thing about the Labour conference.

Next week does promise to be hilarious I think yes....

Next week does promise to be hilarious I think yes....

I’ve just bought shares in a popcorn company.

I’ve just bought shares in a popcorn company.

Damn capitalist how dare you :):love:

That would be a bit foolish!

Tony Blair allowed Fleet Street to define Labour Party policy. Corbyn will certainly not make that mistake, however great the pressure. The whole anti semitism campaign was the only thing which had any chance of unseating him as it was an attack on his principles, and that has failed.

I can't see what else the media can throw at him now without just making stuff up and most people can see what's happening. He just needs to come clean on Brexit now!

I'm sure the media is quite capable of attacking and criticising all by themselves.

It is not up to you or I what causes Labour Party members chose to support and given the tide of racism and xenophobia behind the Leave campaign, it is refreshing to see an international dimension to UK politics. I'm sure 90% of Corbyn's speech will be about this country and it's problems.

On

I doubt he will even mention Palestine! I

Well you were wrong, he did mention Palestine. Then at the end of the speech following another standing ovation they all sang the patriotic hymn Jerusalem together, which was nice.

"General Election! We want a General Election NOW!!!"

Wonder if they'd be quite so keen to have elections every year should they actually manage to win one of them?

Well you were wrong, he did mention Palestine.

Who cares?

I didn't say that he wouldn't mention Palestine, just that I doubted that he would. Apparently he spoke for over an hour so probably spoke about everything!

Who cares?

I didn't say that he wouldn't mention Palestine, just that I doubted that he would. Apparently he spoke for over an hour so probably spoke about everything!

He spoke about a lot of things, including racism, anti-Semitism, and Brexit.

In my view much of his speech was inspiring and moving, and though I still have some reservations about him as a possible future Prime minister, I was very impressed.