The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Of course there isn't, it's another none story, cooked up by the media to besmirch the Labour party. But I wonder how many people will bother to listen to it?

Do you believe that it is appropriate for Ken Livingstone to appear on Iranian Government TV on Holocaust Memorial Day to discuss "Has the Holocaust been exploited to oppress others?"

"Corbyn's mate Ken Livingstone celebrated Holocaust Day by doing a phone in on Iranian TV".

it wasn't a phone-in. Livingstone appeared personally.

Do you believe that it is appropriate for Ken Livingstone to appear on Iranian Government TV on Holocaust Memorial Day to discuss "Has the Holocaust been exploited to oppress others?"

I don't know, I wasn't there so I don't know what he said.

I don't know, I wasn't there so I don't know what he said.

I didn't ask you about what he said. I asked if it was appropriate for him to do it. Many and maybe most people would think it highly inappropriate, but do you?

I didn't ask you about what he said. I asked if it was appropriate for him to do it. Many if not most people would think it highly inappropriate, but do you?

If you believe in free speech, and I do, then I have to say yes. Too many snowflakes around being offended by everyone and everything. They are doing more damage than they know. We'll be book burning next.

If you believe in free speech, and I do, then I have to say yes. Too many snowflakes around being offended by everyone and everything. They are doing more damage than they know. We'll be book burning next.

So you think it is appropriate for Ken Livingstone to appear on Iranian Government TV on Holocaust Memorial Day to discuss "Has the Holocaust been exploited to oppress others?"

I am genuinely stunned. I didn't have you down for promoting antisemitism.

Edited by ENG601PM

So you think it is appropriate for Ken Livingstone to appear on Iranian Government TV on Holocaust Memorial Day to discuss "Has the Holocaust been exploited to oppress others?"

im watching it now, hes not saying anything dodgy about it, its historical, the reason people get tarred as anti semitists is when people slag off the actions of the Israeli state on Palastinians

im watching it now, hes not saying anything dodgy about it, its historical, the reason people get tarred as anti semitists is when people slag off the actions of the Israeli state on Palastinians

But is it appropriate Mel?

On Holocaust Memorial Day.

On the TV station of a government that wants to 'wipe Israel off the map'.

To discuss "Has the Holocaust been exploited to oppress others?"

For a man with recent antisemitism charges.

Is that really appropriate?

Only if you're antisemitic.

But is it appropriate Mel?

On Holocaust Memorial Day.

On the TV station of a government that wants to 'wipe Israel off the map'.

To discuss "Has the Holocaust been exploited to oppress others?"

For a man with recent antisemitism charges.

Is that really appropriate?

Only if you're antisemitic.

to me, i dont know the show as such but it seems like a topical subject on a show that do controversial shows.

The title of the show shows that "the big conversation", the presenter even calls it "controversial"

Im still watching it, tbh most of the opinions dont seem anti semetic, as i said, seperatating the states actions against palestinians and the general jewish populace is not anti semitism

to me, i dont know the show as such but it seems like a topical subject on a show that do controversial shows.

The title of the show shows that "the big conversation", the presenter even calls it "controversial"

Im still watching it, tbh most of the opinions dont seem anti semetic, as i said, seperatating the states actions against palestinians and the general jewish populace is not anti semitism

Exactly. Discussing a very difficult situation is not 'antisemitic.'

Anna B is not antisemitic, neither is she promoting it.

Given that Livingstone said nothing antisemitic on the broadcast, and you seem to consider what he said on it to be non-relevant

....I didn't ask you about what he said. I asked if it was appropriate for him to do it....

what exactly is it you consider to be inapproriate about him appearing on Holocaust Memorial Day to discuss "Has the Holocaust been exploited to oppress others?

For example, would it have been OK for him to do it on a day other than Holocaust Memorial Day?