The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

I totally agree it might be misinterpreted.

---------- Post added 06-02-2018 at 21:38 ----------

No I’m not.

It was stated as fact that the discount is racist. I don’t think it is racist, given my knowledge of the BAME section of Labour.

I’m white. I could pay my subs and join BAME online in two minutes.

---------- Post added 06-02-2018 at 21:43 ----------

It’s incorrect to assume that all members of BAME are from ethnic minorities, or that the aims and goals of BAME can only be advanced by ethnic minority members of BAME.

That is your (and many others’) fundamental mistake while you were busy jumping on the bandwagon.

Go on then , tell me why there is a discount for BAME but not others . Give me a sound reason and I will leave it alone

Go on then , tell me why there is a discount for BAME but not others . Give me a sound reason and I will leave it alone

There was also a discount for the youth section.

Are you going to accuse Labour of being ageist next.

Please....do your research.

There was also a discount for the youth section.

Are you going to accuse Labour of being ageist next.

Please....do your research.

Don't need to do research , got you for that , An answer to the BAME question would be greatly appreciated

Don't need to do research , got you for that , An answer to the BAME question would be greatly appreciated

I answered. There was a discount for others - for the youth section.

I answered. There was a discount for others - for the youth section.

Job done ...

It’s incorrect to assume that all members of BAME are from ethnic minorities, or that the aims and goals of BAME can only be advanced by ethnic minority members of BAME.

That is your (and many others’) fundamental mistake while you were busy jumping on the bandwagon.

Since I didn't assume that (and I don't even have to check because I don't think it), you've now taken to telling lies about what I've even said. That's low, even for you on a losing streak.

No dear chap, equivocation isn't needed here. Discrimination on grounds of race, colour or some other characteristics is illegal.

You seem to have the race problem, not me. I know you don't like that when it's laid out for all to see, and your finger is hovering on the report button again, but it's plain to see that I just don't have a problem with people's race, ethnicity, sex, whatever. I'm interested in their individuality as a person.

Bottom line, a BAME discount is as racist as a whites only bathroom. Even the Labour group concerned didn't try to defend it for more than a nanosecond. It's bizarre that you're trying to, so what's your reason for defending racism?

Since I didn't assume that (and I don't even have to check because I don't think it), you've now taken to telling lies about what I've even said. That's low, even for you on a losing streak.

You seem to have the race problem, not me. I know you don't like that when it's laid out for all to see, and your finger is hovering on the report button again, but it's plain to see that I just don't have a problem with people's race, ethnicity, sex, whatever. I'm interested in their individuality as a person.

Bottom line, a BAME discount is as racist as a whites only bathroom. Even the Labour group concerned didn't try to defend it for more than a nanosecond. It's bizarre that you're trying to, so what's your reason for defending racism?

How am I telling lies.

I’m explaining my viewpoint that technically the discount is unlikely to be classed as racist. I’m explaining why. I do accept - in another post further up - that the discount could be misinterpreted.

My preference would be to wait for the report before jumping on a silly bandwagon.

Let me know when you have a copy.

How am I telling lies.

I’m explaining my viewpoint that technically the discount is unlikely to be classed as racist. I’m explaining why. I do accept - in another post further up - that the discount could be misinterpreted.

My preference would be to wait for the report before jumping on a silly bandwagon.

Let me know when you have a copy.

That's a very poor apology. Try again. More sincerity this time. Less weasley.

Bottom line, a BAME discount is as racist as a whites only bathroom.

what if theres a discount for oaps?

what if theres a discount for unemployed

what if theres a discount for younger people

aswell

surely it discriminates on age, and employment status?

That's a very poor apology. Try again. More sincerity this time. Less weasley.

The irony! What's good for the goose..... ;)

aswell

No, I'd say these are more to help with costs for groups that can't afford it.

I see barbers do different rates for students and OAPs.

Now if there's a further discount for anyone black in those groups...... :)

aswell

What about them? Start another thread if you think it's a problem, but I'll save you the trouble - it's perfectly legal.

Racism - not so much.