The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

The irony! What's good for the goose..... ;)

ENG601PM has their faults but they have no problem apologising when they get things wrong.

I1L2T3 has never backed down and admitted they are wrong in all my years on here. Not once. They are blatantly wrong here but not admitting it.

So clearly what's good for the goose is glossed over for the gander.

Edited by Jonny5

What about them? Start another thread if you think it's a problem, but I'll save you the trouble - it's perfectly legal.

Racism - not so much.

maybe they want to reward the first britons?

That's a very poor apology. Try again. More sincerity this time. Less weasley.

That’s not an apology. ;)

---------- Post added 07-02-2018 at 11:30 ----------

ENG601PM has their faults but they have no problem apologising when they get things wrong.

I1L2T3 has never backed down and admitted they are wrong in all my years on here. Not once. They blatantly wrong here but not admitting it.

How am I blatantly wrong in this case? I’m taking a rational look at the facts. I strongly suspect the discount is not likely to be classed as racist in any investigation, although I’m willing to wait for the report. I concede in posts above that the discount could be misinterpreted.

There nothing to apologise for.

As for backing down and apologising, of course I do. From time to time.

I thought it was only black folks and asians that seemed to use the race card, seems to be a hell of a lot of right wingers using it on here lately

I thought it was only black folks and asians that seemed to use the race card, seems to be a hell of a lot of right wingers using it on here lately

Yes, revisionist nonsense that tries to portray non-white people as the real racists, and of course anybody (even if they are while) who criticises white people for any reason as racists too.

Yes, revisionist nonsense that tries to portray non-white people as the real racists, and of course anybody (even if they are while) who criticises white people for any reason as racists too.

Revisionism is an interesting word for you to use because so far the only person who's been doing it is you. Nobody but NOBODY has "tried to portray non-white people as the real racists". Revisionism indeed. What was that thing that Goebbels said?

Tell a big lie often enough and people will believe it is true

Naughty I1L2T3!!

Revisionism is an interesting word for you to use because so far the only person who's been doing it is you. Nobody but NOBODY has "tried to portray non-white people as the real racists". Revisionism indeed. What was that thing that Goebbels said?

Tell a big lie often enough and people will believe it is true

Naughty I1L2T3!!

Oh so I’m a racist, a liar and now a Nazi?

Please continue.....;)

Oh so I’m a racist, a liar and now a Nazi?

Please continue.....;)

Oh dear, we're back to that comprehension issue again.

Racist?

Let's revisit what i ACTUALLY said.

You seem to have the race problem, not me. I know you don't like that when it's laid out for all to see, and your finger is hovering on the report button again, but it's plain to see that I just don't have a problem with people's race, ethnicity, sex, whatever. I'm interested in their individuality as a person.

Bottom line, a BAME discount is as racist as a whites only bathroom. Even the Labour group concerned didn't try to defend it for more than a nanosecond. It's bizarre that you're trying to, so what's your reason for defending racism?

Liar?

Revisionist for sure, see above. It's your call if you want to call it lying.

Nazi?

Who said that you are a Nazi. If I quoted DON'T PANIC I wouldn't be calling you Douglas Adams.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much, and I'm not calling you an Elizabethan playwright there either.

what if theres a discount for oaps?

what if theres a discount for unemployed

what if theres a discount for younger people

aswell

surely it discriminates on age, and employment status?

Discounts for those groups could be justified perhaps on cost grounds, but a discount for the colour of your skin? really?

Discounts for those groups could be justified perhaps on cost grounds, but a discount for the colour of your skin? really?

It was a discount for BAME members, which as explained does not have an exclusively ethnic minority membership.

But as you stated above it would be easy to misconstrue the intent of the discount.

---------- Post added 07-02-2018 at 18:30 ----------

Oh dear, we're back to that comprehension issue again.

Racist?

Let's revisit what i ACTUALLY said.

Liar?

Revisionist for sure, see above. It's your call if you want to call it lying.

Nazi?

Who said that you are a Nazi. If I quoted DON'T PANIC I wouldn't be calling you Douglas Adams.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much, and I'm not calling you an Elizabethan playwright there either.

I’m not protesting about anything. Please continue with your trolling and name calling.

If ever there was a more appropriate name!

Labour MP Hugh Gaffney sorry for 'deeply offensive' Burns Supper remarks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-42975528

Its ok now because hes going on an equality and diversity course , do you think he will bump into Jared ? :)