Why do we need loads of Mps in government?

Of course we won't be able 'win' against the capital. But there is a dangerous imbalance, with nearly all the money and effort going into London. I've just come back from there and it really is a different world in a bubble.

Dangerous imbalance? Nah.

Does the money and effort go into London? Or does it attract money and the effort of people?

London could burn down tomorrow and people will still flock to it. In 10 years it would probably be bigger than it is now.

I say dangerous because a tipping point will be reached, (if it hasn't been already,) when there will simply be NO investment in the north at all, and more than half the population will decline into abject poverty.

:roll:

Dangerous imbalance? Nah.

Does the money and effort go into London? Or does it attract money and the effort of people?

London could burn down tomorrow and people will still flock to it. In 10 years it would probably be bigger than it is now.

:roll:

Correct. There are no or very few grants if a large multinational wants a UK office to be setup. Oh and sky high rent and rates to boot. Oop north? Money gets flung at them.

I'm not referring solely to political systems. All systems we've ever created have suffered from corruption at one point or another, or have been able to be corrupted.

Corruption is part of human nature, if it's possible to game a system for our own benefit, you can guarantee somebody will.

Plenty of working non-political systems have been created.

No actually it's not. For pitys sake come up with a cogent argument rather than just incessent whining "oh it's tooooo awwwwwful" all the time....

I have. A council for the North of England.

Wales and Scotland have them. We need something similar.

Wasn't a North-East Assembly rejected by the people not so long ago?

Yes, I think it was.

But it was before the recession, and I think John Prescott was wanting to lead it, no wonder it wasn't popular then, but at least the problem was being recognised.