Why do we need loads of Mps in government?

Yes I get that, but not every MP is involved are they? I still think it would make sense to reduce the numbers.

Not really interested in the saving money part of it.

Given the incredible amount of money wasted by government overall their salaries are a drop in the ocean.

In fact it wouldn't concern me if the salaries were increased for the remaining MPs. By all means pay them a salary commensurate with the responsibility.

But I would like to see tight controls and regulation of expenses by an independent body who could not be overruled by MPs as happened in the Maria Miller case.

It is an embarrassment to have people who are deciding on legislation which the rest of us have to abide by 'fiddling' their expenses.

The whole system needs streamlining and bringing out of it's eighteenth century mindset.

Agree.

Given that just about everything has been 'cut,' in the downturn, I see absolutely no reason why MPs should be n exception.