Celebrities Living in Sheffield

Ain't there a chap in Grenoside who stars in one of those tea time soaps?
Its Hollyoaks. The actor is Jimmy McKenna originally from Glasgow, and he's a very nice man.

I seen Mel Sterland at Asda Handsworth a few weeks ago. He was just getting into a car parked in the disabled bays. I wonder what his disability his!!

I seen Mel Sterland at Asda Handsworth a few weeks ago. He was just getting into a car parked in the disabled bays. I wonder what his disability his!!

He played for wendy, worth a blue badge,,,,,,,,,,,

He played for wendy, worth a blue badge,,,,,,,,,,,

I did wonder who would be the first.:hihi:

I know he's got deep vain thrombosis through playing football.

---------- Post added 14-01-2014 at 23:35 ----------

Being a snooker fan, I have been watching the Masters Snooker on TV.

They had some video on about Ding Junhui and saying he lives half in Sheffield and half in China.

I do know that some ex Owls players used to live in Sheffield, namely Chris Waddle and David Hirst.

Also Arnold Laver of Blades fame still lives here, Peter Stringfellow and Philip Oakey from The Human League.

I think a few football managers still live here from Dave Bassett to Howard Wilkinson.

Does Sean Bean still live here, I know Jessica Ennis does and what about Naseem Hamed?

my bold

ime almost certain you are wrong with Peter Stringfellow

Does Michael Vaughan still live in Sheffield, or maybe a bit out of the city towards Hathersage? Seen him on Ecclesall Road quite a few times.

Prince Naseem actually buggered off Dahn Saaf a few years ago.

The grief he received for nearly killing Anthony Burgin in that car crash plus the subsequent jail term and loss of his OBE / MBE (whatever it was) was enough to encourage him to leave the fair city of Sheffield.

I saw Anthony over Christmas , He's doing really well now , thank god

---------- Post added 15-01-2014 at 09:25 ----------

Yes you can.

---------- Post added 14-01-2014 at 18:47 ----------

Yep, he still here, and the two girl singers as well. He lives in the city but is looking to live in the suburbs.

Phil Oakey lives in Ecclesall doesn't he? , just up from Banner Cross.

Edited by mrs brady

Does Michael Vaughan still live in Sheffield, or maybe a bit out of the city towards Hathersage? Seen him on Ecclesall Road quite a few times.

I think vaughny lives in baslow - or out that way anyway.

carlton palmer lives in sheff

He was on celebrity Come Dine With Me and I noticed he does live in nice surroundings. I wonder where in Sheffield it is, must be the western outskirts.

He was on celebrity Come Dine With Me and I noticed he does live in nice surroundings. I wonder where in Sheffield it is, must be the western outskirts.

I think this post highlights very well how few celebrities we have living in Sheffield, and indeed how low the bar is in what makes a celebrity in Sheffield.

Another great actor is Dominic West, who earlier last year played Prof Higgins in "My Fair Lady" at the Crucible.

He was born in Sheffield, but I don't know whether he lives here.