The parkrun thread

Castle Park Run maybe the smallest but we are a friendly bunch and attract runners from far and wide

we even had a guy running barefoot a few weeks ago insisted it was the best way ! :)

Castle Park Run maybe the smallest but we are a friendly bunch and attract runners from far and wide

we even had a guy running barefoot a few weeks ago insisted it was the best way ! :)

I enjoyed my run at Castle a couple of weeks ago!

I've heard abour the special 'Buzz' at Castle and I will be there soon. I've done it as a 'feedom' but the real thing is yet to come. Are the big views over the East End worth it- ;-)

I enjoyed both my Castle runs; some nice views of the City, and a lovely up-hill section at the end of each lap (of which there are 3).

---------- Post added 17-11-2013 at 16:03 ----------

Nice 10k up in Leeds (Abbey Dash) today. I think they said over 10,000 runners; so that's 1 person for every meter of the course!! Friend of mine beat me by 32 seconds. *grrrr*

Sheffield parkrun attendance numbers for 16th November 2013.

37 - Concord

127 - Graves

105 - Hillsborough

--- - Sheffield Castle

471 - Sheffield Hallam

Total 740

A good total even without Castle. Their run took place but the gremlins are interfering. Anyone know how many turn out?

Hallam keep banging away at the 500 mark but coming up short, size isn't everything but it would be nice to join that special club of 16.

Good numbers but pray that hallam parkrun

1• doesnt break 500

And more importantly if so

2• doesn't maintain the 500+

This would cause a massive red flag at parkrun HQ and puts the event in danger of closure for a while. always advise people to stay away from there. They have their own oversubcribed loyal crowd and dont need more. I advise people to visit the other equally fantastic parkruns. At hillsborough parkrun we are getting a slow trickle of hallam runners coming across. Not fast enough.

I think the hillsborough being slower than hallam could be becoming a myth now. Last couple of weeks the faster guys have smashed their hallam PBs at hillsborough.

Sheffield Castle seemed busier than usual & faster. A lot of people looking like they were feeling it at the end of some over enthusiastic PB attempts for the marathon?!

I'll be gutted if results don't come up as I took stupid amounts off mine.

My first Sheffield Castle parkrun on Saturday. It's a great course. Really enjoyed it. Didn't know what to expect timewise but was pleased with what my watch said! Hope they manage to sort the problems out.

When I did Castle, the time they had me down as was about 10 secs faster than I timed myself - ?

Does anybody know if any of the Sheffield Parkruns are on over the Christmas period on either Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Years Day this year?

I'm putting hillsborough parkrun on on new years day at 10am

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 20:40 ----------

So far just hillsborough on special in Sheffield xmas day and new years

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/christmas-compendium/

Edited by runningowl

Does anybody know if any of the Sheffield Parkruns are on over the Christmas period on either Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Years Day this year?

will try and find out for you:)