The parkrun thread

I intend to become a Parkrun tourist at some point next year. Will also be doing the one's on Xmas day and New years day :D

which one is on christmas day?

Barnsley are having a christmas day park run

Barnsley are having a christmas day park run

Concord is having one Christmas day too. Wish I was in Sheffield to tick it off.

On New Years it seems Graves & Hillsborough are both on at 10.00. I wonder if anywhere is within distance to do a 9 am run & then get to one of the others to tick off 2 in one day?

Two in one day - Nice thought, and people have done it elsewhere.

Cardiff to Forest of Dean?

I think parkrun HQ are worried about road racing between courses.

21st = 1 of 5

25th = Concord - 9am

28th = 1 of 5

1st = Graves or Hillsborough - 10am.

I've got my 'Bah Humbug' hat for tomorrow.

Graves - Hills & Highland Coos

Concord is having one Christmas day too. Wish I was in Sheffield to tick it off.

On New Years it seems Graves & Hillsborough are both on at 10.00. I wonder if anywhere is within distance to do a 9 am run & then get to one of the others to tick off 2 in one day?

ok ta - will give it a miss though :gag:

Attendances for the 5 Sheffield parkruns for 21/12/13.

37 Concord

112 Graves

72 Hillsborough

40 Sheff Castle

359 Sheff Hallam

Total 620

Strong showing from Castle with their 3rd highest turnout and new course record. The students seem to have gone home already. Concord, Graves and Hillsborough rock solid in the face of Christmas shopping.

Locke Park, Barnsley which for me is back to where it all began and mebbe a chance to knock a chunk of my PB for that course (19:32).

Had to miss the Park run today due to work commitments but managed a nice 5k this afternoon locally.

Nice time Winemaster! I'd love to get a sub-20 min 5k. Are you doing specific speed training sessions or anything?

Nice time Winemaster! I'd love to get a sub-20 min 5k. Are you doing specific speed training sessions or anything?

Nothing specific just general mixture of steady jogs, tempo, hill reps / intervals really.

Have just completed my first week of HM schedule for Retford in early March.

Nothing specific just general mixture of steady jogs, tempo, hill reps / intervals really.

Thanks. Pretty much what I'd expect, hard work and varied training. :-)

Have just completed my first week of HM schedule for Retford in early March.

Did Retford last year, seemed quite fast, more or less flat (possibly less hilly than Sheffield from what I remember). Have you done it before?

Thanks. Pretty much what I'd expect, hard work and varied training. :-)

Did Retford last year, seemed quite fast, more or less flat (possibly less hilly than Sheffield from what I remember). Have you done it before?

No, not done Retford before, but I have drove the route and will be doing a recce over the festive period (if I get chance).

It will be only my 2nd HM as I did Worksop back in October which I found fairly comfortable if i'm honest and i'm sticking to the same schedule so hoping to knock a few minutes off.

What time did you do at Retford ?

No, not done Retford before, but I have drove the route and will be doing a recce over the festive period (if I get chance).

It will be only my 2nd HM as I did Worksop back in October which I found fairly comfortable if i'm honest and i'm sticking to the same schedule so hoping to knock a few minutes off.

What time did you do at Retford ?

I'd say Retford faster than Worksop (and not so undulating). I fluffed it a bit (set off too fast) and did 1:52:11. Hope to make big improvements next year..

I'm guessing your around 20 min 5k will translate to sub 1:30 HM time?