Working While on Benefits

You need an avatar, so i can keep track of when you're banned. :hihi:

I think she`s hilarious! :D

Why because I tell the truth ? Anyway , " whatever " , I am just in that mood tonight because I have had a bad day AT WORK !!!

Well, people will slate anyone that tells it just how it is.

I repeat, they either fix the system so it makes signing off irresistible or folk will continue on benefits.

It really is a no brainer.

To answer that I am desperate to sign off, anything to avoid justifying myself to the dole every 2 weeks.

But, why accept a job that will leave you far worse off money wise just so you can say your in a job.

It really is a no brainer, either they fix the taxes and rents so they work with you in work.

Or, carry on ripping you off so you are always debating whether signing off is even worth it.

You gain self respect.

You gain self respect.

Well, self respect is everything when you are living off food banks :rolleyes:

Well, self respect is everything when you are living off food banks :rolleyes:

Glad you agree.

My Mum & Dad worked damn hard & never had to resort to the benefit system . It makes me sick to the core when people who can work , don't , because they find it " hard " to make ends meet without benefits. Get a flaming job even one that pays less . People shouldn't have so many kids if they cant afford to support them

well said that woman;)

My Mum & Dad worked damn hard & never had to resort to the benefit system . It makes me sick to the core when people who can work , don't , because they find it " hard " to make ends meet without benefits. Get a flaming job even one that pays less . People shouldn't have so many kids if they cant afford to support them

AGREED - my thoughts entirely

---------- Post added 27-08-2013 at 18:28 ----------

Well, people will slate anyone that tells it just how it is.

I repeat, they either fix the system so it makes signing off irresistible or folk will continue on benefits.

It really is a no brainer.

I agree with you totally the system is very wrong and they do need to fix the system - the benefits system wasn't set up for this mindset!

So, to conclude, the consenus is that the redoubtable bedrock gets a job. He does two weeks at 30 hours and the next 6 weeks at 8 hours. How is going to manage in those 6 weeks? If you are bedders landlord will you let him off? Credit at tescos? I'm all for getting people into work and if it was a straight 30 week I'd march him down to sign off personally but this is 2 hours away from a zero hour contract.

You need to learn how to play the system Bedrock.

Unless its cash in hand or you're earning around £15,000 gross per annum + then stay on JSA.

My advice would be to get a sick note from your doctors and claim ESA for 3 months then when you fail the ATOS assessment go back onto JSA.

This way you'll have less hassle / work programme from Job Centre and when on ESA you're entitled to a free bus pass.

You need to learn how to play the system Bedrock.

Unless its cash in hand or you're earning around £15,000 gross per annum + then stay on JSA.

My advice would be to get a sick note from your doctors and claim ESA for 3 months then when you fail the ATOS assessment go back onto JSA.

This way you'll have less hassle / work programme from Job Centre and when on ESA you're entitled to a free bus pass.

I went on ESA for over a year and eventually had an appointment with someone who later concluded I had to come off, I went on it for mental health reasons may I add. But never in this time did I have a bus pass, I have pleaded to everyone about it, I am even on DLA but still cannot get one.

I have had a few interviews lately and one was for 6 + hours per week, I have calculated what this equates to per month and it will be even less than I get every 2 weeks from the dole, so in essence, why sign off for self respect when I will get less per month what my 2 weeks giro will be.

Edited by BEDROCK

I went on ESA for over a year and eventually had an appointment with someone who later concluded I had to come off, I went on it for mental health reasons may I add. But never in this time did I have a bus pass, I have pleaded to everyone about it, I am even on DLA but still cannot get one.

I have had a few interviews lately and one was for 6 years per week, I have calculated what this equates to per month and it will be even less than I get every 2 weeks from the dole, so in essence, why sign off for self respect when I will get less per month what my 2 weeks giro will be.

The bus pass forms are available at Howden House. It just needs signing by your doctor.

They've recently changed the forms to mislead people and to discourage them applying, but if you're on ESA / DLA / PIP then you'll still entitled to a free bus pass.

I agree, I never suggested signing off for self respect, unless it pays the bills and you're financially better off.