Working While on Benefits

Hey, the hours you can still work and sign on is up to 16 hours.

So am wondering, if you work flexible hours that can go between 2-30, is it worth taking the chance to sign off?

Also, what about 8 hours, is it worth signing off for that amount as well?

Can't believe what I'm reading! If the Benefit rules make it so that people ave to decide if its worth working then something is radically wrong! And no I've nkt got a silver spoon in my mouth I come from Tinsley, we didn't have much money but everything we did have was worked for - why don't people have values like these anymore?

Wrong, wrong, wrong

Can't believe what I'm reading! If the Benefit rules make it so that people ave to decide if its worth working then something is radically wrong! And no I've nkt got a silver spoon in my mouth I come from Tinsley, we didn't have much money but everything we did have was worked for - why don't people have values like these anymore?

Wrong, wrong, wrong

To answer that I am desperate to sign off, anything to avoid justifying myself to the dole every 2 weeks.

But, why accept a job that will leave you far worse off money wise just so you can say your in a job.

It really is a no brainer, either they fix the taxes and rents so they work with you in work.

Or, carry on ripping you off so you are always debating whether signing off is even worth it.

Wrong, wrong, wrong

You're not the only one who can't believe what they're reading. Everything you have was worked for, was it? Your parents never got child benefit or whatever it was called at the time? You went to a private school as you didn't want the state to pay for you to go to the local school? You never used the NHS? Or subsidised public transport? We all pay in and we all get something out so don't play the stand-on-our-own-two-feet nonsense.

To the OP - if you work more than 16 hours a week for a couple of weeks or more the DWP will close your claim and if you subsequently fall below 16 hours you'll have to make a fresh claim.

If I were you I'd take whatever work gets offered and if it means your claim being closed you won't have lost any JSA and at least you'll have a wage coming in. You'll just have the inconvenience of registering a new claim. If that's alright with Lady Tinsley.

But, why accept a job that will leave you far worse off money wise just so you can say your in a job.

Because that is the route to a better paid, full time, job which will put you in a far more comfortable position than the current one.

Because that is the route to a better paid, full time, job which will put you in a far more comfortable position than the current one.

All very fine, well and noble..but what about the bills as they drop through your letterbox? I don't think the utilities would take kind to " just hang on a mo, I'm hoping for a more comfortable position"

He's a single bloke with no dependents.

You want him to stay on the dole for the rest of his life?

He's a single bloke with no dependents.

You want him to stay on the dole for the rest of his life?

It was a generalisation. Single with no dependants isn't exactly the norm. Although that criteria doesn't absolve you from being subject to the utilities or any other that wish to invoice you for basic needs.

You're not the only one who can't believe what they're reading. Everything you have was worked for, was it? Your parents never got child benefit or whatever it was called at the time? You went to a private school as you didn't want the state to pay for you to go to the local school? You never used the NHS? Or subsidised public transport? We all pay in and we all get something out so don't play the stand-on-our-own-two-feet nonsense.

My parents didn't get child benefit for me. Was born in 1963 and the first child didn't get anything. Admittedly I have had education and healthcare via the Government and thank you mum and dad for paying in for me. We have also paid in and our kids had had an education and yes we did get child benefit - my hubby has worked full time since the age of 18 and apart from a couple of years looking after our kids I've worked to!

Lady Tinsley

---------- Post added 27-08-2013 at 00:00 ----------

My point exactly!

Edited by happylady
Forgot to put in

My Mum & Dad worked damn hard & never had to resort to the benefit system . It makes me sick to the core when people who can work , don't , because they find it " hard " to make ends meet without benefits. Get a flaming job even one that pays less . People shouldn't have so many kids if they cant afford to support them

My Mum & Dad worked damn hard & never had to resort to the benefit system . It makes me sick to the core when people who can work , don't , because they find it " hard " to make ends meet without benefits. Get a flaming job even one that pays less . People shouldn't have so many kids if they cant afford to support them

You need an avatar, so i can keep track of when you're banned. :hihi: