I am seriously naffed off right now

Well anybody who tells me that the NHS is safe right now needs their brain feeling. I have had the shift from hell because the idiots who do our holiday board has let 3 senior staff off on holiday at same time. They are Philoppeno Nurses & they seem to get away with whatever they want when it comes to holidays because they have families. What is all that about. It left me with a horrendous skill mix . A poor new girl out of her depth & I had to take over & I was in charge & had to take a team of patients aswell .

WELCOME TO HELL is all I can say :mad:

Please be careful what you post, if your employer can trace you then in the past there has been disciplinary action for posts like this.

Looking elsewhere on this forum I can establish your surname

At school I was called Rag Tag & Bobtail because my maiden name is Wragg.

Then once I got married I was known as Bog because my married name is Lavery or lavatory or Bog

There is also a post detailing the street on which your parents live

I went & walked back to my parents on Ingram Rd

I advise you to ask the moderators to delete this thread as you really could damage your career.

Edited by heavenlyarts

I doubt she'll suffer the same fate as Manly Bradding or Snowden ... And if her employers don't start looking after their staff a little better, it's possible that some of those staff might walk before they are pushed.

It's not as if there is no demand in Europe and elsewhere for medically-trained people and that demand is likely to increase rather than decrease.

Please be careful what you post, if your employer can trace you then in the past there has been disciplinary action for posts like this.

Looking elsewhere on this forum I can establish your surname

There is also a post detailing the street on which your parents live

I advise you to ask the moderators to delete this thread as you really could damage your career.

Wow that's made me think twice! All that information just by looking through some threads. I'm going to be careful what I write on here in future, so innocently!

Don't worry , I have not given away any confidential information about where I work at all . It could be anywhere. I am sure it happens everywhere & I have told my manager how I feel & I have to say , she has been really good & is trying to prevent it from happening again. Just the time of year when people with families are getting annual leave but I don't think people should be taking 4 weeks at a time . Very frustrating indeed though . We have such high standards where I am that we work hard to keep it up .

Don't worry , I have not given away any confidential information about where I work at all . It could be anywhere. I am sure it happens everywhere & I have told my manager how I feel & I have to say , she has been really good & is trying to prevent it from happening again. Just the time of year when people with families are getting annual leave but I don't think people should be taking 4 weeks at a time . Very frustrating indeed though . We have such high standards where I am that we work hard to keep it up .

Is the problem with off duty due to e-rostering ?

If this is the case you need to contact your link person.

Is the problem with off duty due to your manager allowing senior staff annual leave at the same time you need to speak to your manager or Matron.

I'd be really interested to know where you work where it is usual for you to be in charge of the ward, coordinate beds and NOT have patients to look after. You are very fortunate.

Edited by Daven

Well anybody who tells me that the NHS is safe right now needs their brain feeling. I have had the shift from hell because the idiots who do our holiday board has let 3 senior staff off on holiday at same time. They are Philoppeno Nurses & they seem to get away with whatever they want when it comes to holidays because they have families. What is all that about. It left me with a horrendous skill mix . A poor new girl out of her depth & I had to take over & I was in charge & had to take a team of patients aswell .

WELCOME TO HELL is all I can say :mad:

Very subtly played race card there, well done.

No its not E rostering , it is just annual leave unfortunately .

I know it sounds funny , not taking a team when we are in charge on a late , but we try & do this so the person in charge does not get broken off caring for patients by ward rounds which happen between 4 & 6 . It doesn't happen all the time , but we do try .

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 17:20 ----------

Halibut

It is not playing the race card , these girls are my friends & I love them to bits but it is annoying when more than 1 have 4 weeks off & I tell them that as well . But they still are naughty & do it .