Insurance policies

when my father passed away we couldn't find any insurance policies anywhere in his house, I know he had policies and bank accounts but cant find any paperwork. has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have any ideas how I can trace these . thanks:help:

Has another family member beat you to it?

no im the only one

Sticky fingered home help?

when my father passed away we couldn't find any insurance policies anywhere in his house, I know he had policies and bank accounts but cant find any paperwork. has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have any ideas how I can trace these . thanks:help:

Direct debits coming out of his account?

If you use a solicitor, they should be able to do a search for you. When my Granddad passed, they discovered policies my great grandparents took out in his name and they never cashed in.

Go to his bank (if you know which one it is) and ask them for details of all payments. If he was paying regularly into any savings or insurance they will have the details. Explain your circumstances and take any relevant paperwork (death certificate) and evidence of who you are and they should be able to help you if they can.

This was discussed on the Radio 4 programme 'Money Box' a few months ago. There is an organisation that can check this for you but I cannot remember the details. If you contact the programme makers they may be able to give you a transcript and/or information.

This was discussed on the Radio 4 programme 'Money Box' a few months ago. There is an organisation that can check this for you but I cannot remember the details. If you contact the programme makers they may be able to give you a transcript and/or information.

It's an official website called 'My Lost Account'. See http://www.mylostaccount.org.uk/index.htm