Bus Drivers Attitude

the only thing I have proved is how you treat people who are trying to help you.

I have had a quick look on the first timetable and it may be that you was looking at the Saturday times as they seem to fit your situation.

if you are still convinced it was the driver get the 5 digit bus number and report him.

this goes for anyone else. On the outside of all buses there is a 5 digit number. This is unique to each bus and if you ever get a driver been rude or stopping making the bus even later. Report them using the 5 digit number. The company can from that tell who the driver was and any situations in force.

Complaining to First is like trying to plait diarrhea, it gets you nowhere. I've complained several times about various issues, even CC'ing SYPTE and my local Councillor. All you get in response is a generic apology letter and no further action.

First is an apt name for the company

First to fail it's customer.

As a bus driver myself, I doubt very much that we sit there when late already yes you have timetables on the bus shelters but that doesn't necessarily mean that this bus is that bus running 20 mins late maybe try asking the bus driver? maybe the bus that is late got adjusted to get it back on time and you automatically think that it's late?!

I only wish we could sit there and wait time to **** passengers off but it has nothing to do with us we go by our duty boards times change cause people say how buses are always running late they give us more time now you complain that we sit at time points too long? basically there's no good whatever happens but people are always quick to blame us as were the drivers.

Let me put it this way if your at a bus stop for 10 mins or so then you get on the bus and all of a sudden start ruffling through your handbag to search for your money purse or pass do you not think this makes us late? You've been at the bus stop all this time maybe you should have your money ready!

Then they are things like road traffic accidents or traffic during peak times that also make buses late. Instead of ranting about it and slagging us drivers off try asking the driver in future are you late or how long do you have to wait? cause I can assure you we don't do any of the time waiting to pee anyone off but us as drivers can't do owt right for doing wrong in your eyes.

If were late it's our fault, if there's been an accident it's our fault little things like having money and passes and correct fare on hand all helps!!!! rant over

Why do the Bus Drivers in Sheffield Drive with there Timetables in Front of them,an do not seem to work to the Timetables,because theres nobody watching them loads drive as they are not bothered about working to the correct times,an when they stop at bus stops with nobody wanting to catch the bus,they just sit there an annoy the passengers

what a stupid post:roll: there is such a thing as time points on the routes. would you like to get to your bus stop at the time the bus is due only to find the driver hasn't bothered with it and left a few minutes early making you miss the bus? i'm sure you'd be straight onto the company making a complaint and generally leaving a timepoint early results in the sack.

any driver would love to get from one end of the route to the other without hanging around at stops for minutes at a time but unfortunately it doesn't work like that, I think you've been watching too much of 'on the buses'.

It was a genuine question (see the question mark at the end) and the reason for it was underneath. Thanks for proving my point about reading skills in an eloquent fashion.

As for you asking for details:

Day: I'm not sure, might have been a Tuesday, was 2/3 weeks ago but it was mid-week

Time: According to the timetable printed on stop & schedule info provided by the phone app I use I was waiting for the 14:27

Service: 29

Haven't there been some recent diversions on the 29 route? Might there have been some temporary changes to timetables? Wouldn't have helped if they weren't put up for you to see, though.

Perhaps you should just have asked, "are you the 14:27?"

There are many other international city's where buses are much faster.

Sheffield buses may be the slowest of developed non third world cities I have been to but the drivers are absolutely fine, friendly and are only rude when the passenger has provoked it.

(few exceptions of rude drivers, not enough to be nasty to all of them)

Taking buses elsewhere (non uk) you see buses travel far greater distances on express routes to connect places quickly without stopping everywhere in between.

In UK an Xroute stops everywhere, it is a joke. Busses are more concerned getting as many tickets sold than giving good fast service.

This is not the drivers fault. They just do what they are told to do.