Bus Drivers Attitude

Haven't there been some recent diversions on the 29 route? Might there have been some temporary changes to timetables? Wouldn't have helped if they weren't put up for you to see, though.

Perhaps you should just have asked, "are you the 14:27?"

Well it's wasn't going to be the 13:27 or the 15:27 was it? :loopy:

Once again and as much as I can I'll put this in language for the reading comprehension of a 5 year old.

I'M NOT COMPLAINING THE BUS WAS LATE, I'M COMPLAINING THAT THE BUS STOPPED AT A TIMING POINT WHICH ARE IN THE SCHEDULE FOR WHEN THE BUS REACHES THAT POINT EARLY. SINCE HE WAS ALREADY LATE THE TIMING STOP WAS NOT NEEDED.

There, I've even made it bigger in case you have vision issues.

Maybe they did that so other people waiting for that bus at that time don't see one driving away few minutes early while walking towards their bus stop?

They may not be aware the previous bus was cancelled and next one is going to leave a little early to compensate?

If time is an issue buses are not helpful. If you like gambling, take a bus or else leave 60 minutes early.

Maybe they did that so other people waiting for that bus at that time don't see one driving away few minutes early while walking towards their bus stop?

They may not be aware the previous bus was cancelled and next one is going to leave a little early to compensate?

If time is an issue buses are not helpful. If you like gambling, take a bus or else leave 60 minutes early.

Honestly I think I'm going to give up and go talk to the plants in the garden. At least they have more mental capacity.

Another idiot, ranting about why drivers do certain things and have no idea why they do it. Maybe you should ask them instead of bitching about it online.

Maybe if busdrivers weren't driving while reading these said sheets, I wouldnt have been rammed up the ass at 40mph by a stagecoach single decker last year while sat at a red light with another vehicle behind me.- if anyone has a right to "BITCH" about this i think i do. :rant:

Taking buses elsewhere (non uk) you see buses travel far greater distances on express routes to connect places quickly without stopping everywhere in between.

In UK an Xroute stops everywhere, it is a joke. Busses are more concerned getting as many tickets sold than giving good fast service.

This is not the drivers fault. They just do what they are told to do.

Are you sure you're not confusing buses with coaches?

Honestly I think I'm going to give up and go talk to the plants in the garden. At least they have more mental capacity.

Prince Charles used to and maybe still does that. I agree 100% with you that these plants have more mental capacity. They have more to offer and get you further than the buses do.

To pedalnpaint.

Yes it is certain I am talking about buses that (for example) travel from Sheffield city centre as fast as possible without stopping to chesterfield or chappeltown or stocksbridge and then service that area. Reducing traveltime by 50% or more reducing labour cost of the driver as well.

Why employ an inspector with a clip board and radio when he can only see a few hundred yards either side of where he or she is. Remember that most buses are CONSTANTLY monitored by satellite tracking, ticket machines that record every transaction and CCTV which in some cases is very very good.

Yes I agree, but whenever my bus was late, I'd ring up and they'd say sorry the bus doesn't have a tracker :(:(

---------- Post added 15-07-2013 at 18:22 ----------

Well it's wasn't going to be the 13:27 or the 15:27 was it? :loopy:

Once again and as much as I can I'll put this in language for the reading comprehension of a 5 year old.

I'M NOT COMPLAINING THE BUS WAS LATE, I'M COMPLAINING THAT THE BUS STOPPED AT A TIMING POINT WHICH ARE IN THE SCHEDULE FOR WHEN THE BUS REACHES THAT POINT EARLY. SINCE HE WAS ALREADY LATE THE TIMING STOP WAS NOT NEEDED.

There, I've even made it bigger in case you have vision issues.

Resident, have you got a bigger font please, I'm struggling reading this one :hihi::hihi:

They've got you by the balls mate.

The number of times I've been late for work because the hourly 47 on a Sunday morning just doesn't show up - ridiculous.

Perhaps if they kept missing their targets they should lose their perks, they'd soon get their arses into drive. No more free travel for your spouse mate, you made Super Hans late for work too many times.

Vote with your feet. Use SuperTram

I mean I'd really love to know what happens. Do they just forget to put buses on? An hourly service at 9am on Sunday...is that really so difficult to manage?

And it's not a dig at the drivers it's a dig at the clueless management who probably couldn't run a bath nevermind a bus service.

But I for one am sick and tired of spunking £65 quid up the wall every month for a bus service that must be one of the most unreliable in Sheffield - I certainly can't imagine any being worse.

And SYPTE don't give a damn either. First don't give a damn, obviously. I thought SYPTE was supposed to be like an independent arbiter? They're all just a bunch of suits sitting behind their marble desks with their ties done up to 11 agreeing with each other about how well they're doing.

Not good enough, and it's Super Hans who gets it in the neck when they can't be bothered to put a bus on.

"Nah no need to put a bus on between 8:38 and 10:38, no one needs to be anywhere. Fancy another double whiskey, ****? Super Hans is paying".

Shambles.

Edited by Super Hans

One of most annoying things have been those photo's of that face yelling "one every seven minutes" advertisements on the 47, 48.

I don't take those buses but know for certain that advert is as big a lie as the every little helps campaign.

Bus drivers attitude is not the problem of what we are talking about here.

Thank heavens for the creation of cars............... I do not miss using the buses AT ALL and feel very sorry for those that do.

I also have to agree with Super Hans, if your lucky enough to live in the area of the Super Tram then i would definitely recommend you use it as the tram always appears to be on time..