What is Parson Cross really like now?

£250000 for 3 bed with big garden, its worth it as everyone is nice and helpful to each other , never had any problem, will your housing benefit stretch to pay for a house round here?

Are all the people in your nice little utopia as nice as you sound!!

round were for 250000 i live on the old romanridge estate at chapel town in a 4 bed house an its only valued at 2750000 an its got double garage massive gardens think you have been done tony2

£250000 for 3 bed with big garden, its worth it as everyone is nice and helpful to each other , never had any problem, will your housing benefit stretch to pay for a house round here?

There are plenty of three bedroomed semis in Ravenfield that don't cost anywhere near £250k. I used to live in Bramley, and often walked or drove through Ravenfield, it's a very mixed area with some expensive houses and bungalows, some fairly reasonably priced ones, and a fairly ordinary council estate.

The OP needs a four bedroomed house, and she is quite correct, Sheffield council only has a few. As they don't become vacant very often, she hasn't got much choice.

round were for 250000 i live on the old romanridge estate at chapel town in a 4 bed house an its only valued at 2750000 an its got double garage massive gardens think you have been done tony2

The house is my mates and i am on housing benefits, rent is adjusted so i can live in a nice area for nothing, i am not going to complain

Each to your own. lol would not live ther if you payed me.,

Hi, Is the house on colley road a four bed property, two houses on from some flats, have a green door and opposite a small field with a bus stop???? If so, me and my boyfriend have just moved from there. We had to downsize as we wernt entitled to a four bed after loosing johns dad in june . He lived there for 40 years with his dad and had never had any trouble whatsoever.

That house sounds like the one next door but one to my late sister in law. She has the first 4 bedroomed after the flat for years she had a large family. But it was a lovely house and I used to love going to visit and they never had any trouble at all. There were also relative on Colley Avenue and that was even quieter.

Interesting point going on in this thread; if you have been living in an area for a long time, it's easy to recommend it to other people as a decent place if you personally have never been affected by criminal behaviour.

I lived in a flat at Manor Top for 5 years;

- only got the car broken into twice,

- had to save the neighbour from being hacked to death by a gang of kids with machetes trying to steal his cannabis plants

- used to have to call the Police weekly in the summer due to people breaking into the school next door

- gypsy woman in another flat was killed by her daughter in a drunken rage

- smackheads used to skin up in the stairwell before we had security doors

- old woman in the flat below used to get mugged monthly outside Tesco

None of those things directly affected me or my family though, so I could easily be blasé about it and say 'yeah, no problems living at Manor Top' but I'm not going to as I wouldn't want someone to move somewhere based on my recommendation that is actually a hell hole and makes their life a misery.

So if you want to recommend a place to live because you've lived there 10 years and never had any trouble but the pensioners in the street are scared to go out, the road is a racetrack, the house two doors down was burnt out in a drug feud and the local youths are so out of control there needs to be a curfew - then go ahead, but just remember that the people you are recommending where you live to are not you.

I've 2 teenage boys and a 10 year old with ADHD so I'm a little wary of gangs and trouble.

Proud mummy to six gorgeous children :-)

Expecting number 7 a baby girl due 09/11/10

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine...

Interesting point going on in this thread; if you have been living in an area for a long time, it's easy to recommend it to other people as a decent place if you personally have never been affected by criminal behaviour.

I lived in a flat at Manor Top for 5 years;

- only got the car broken into twice,

- had to save the neighbour from being hacked to death by a gang of kids with machetes trying to steal his cannabis plants

- used to have to call the Police weekly in the summer due to people breaking into the school next door

- gypsy woman in another flat was killed by her daughter in a drunken rage

- smackheads used to skin up in the stairwell before we had security doors

- old woman in the flat below used to get mugged monthly outside Tesco

None of those things directly affected me or my family though, so I could easily be blasé about it and say 'yeah, no problems living at Manor Top' but I'm not going to as I wouldn't want someone to move somewhere based on my recommendation that is actually a hell hole and makes their life a misery.

So if you want to recommend a place to live because you've lived there 10 years and never had any trouble but the pensioners in the street are scared to go out, the road is a racetrack, the house two doors down was burnt out in a drug feud and the local youths are so out of control there needs to be a curfew - then go ahead, but just remember that the people you are recommending where you live to are not you.

Those local has been in crap housing all their life and know nothing about what a nice area is like. Some people think its normal to have car broken into, and drunk kids roaming the street etc etc and its normal in any area

I lived on the lower part of the cross, near herries road. Fifteen great years there. Lovely mix in ages of neighbours who all looked out for each other. My kids grew up knowing right from wrong there and why you showed respect where it was due, not because you carry a knife and act big. Both my older kids used to play outside and if any older neighbours needing anything they knew my son and daughter would help them with stuff like carrying shopping or even going to the local shops for them. Got broken onto once by someone we knew and his wife dragged him down to the house when to apologise and make right when she found out. My staffy cross dog stopped a neighbours car from being taken by scaring the living c**p out of the numpty that was foolish enough to try. We eventually were forced to move because of standing upto to the local scum family and having our windows smashed on a daily basis really got to us when I had my third child.

I now live near Graves Park/ Meadowhead, been here for 7 years and while it's quiet and most of the neighbours are lovely I sometimes still miss living back on the cross. It's taken 6 years for us to get to know our neighbours here and it isn't like it was back in the old neighbourhood.

But in saying all that I have I would say it's all about the neighbours and certain parts of Parson Cross. Make sure you do drive round a few different days and times of days. And knock on a few doors to ask what it's like to live there.

. Make sure you do drive round a few different days and times of days. And knock on a few doors to ask what it's like to live there.

A you having a laugh? only thing you are likely to get from those people is a slap round the head, Those people know nothing of the real working for a living world and smashing your neighbour car is a good laugh. if you do decide to visit the place please dont stop as you might get your wheels and stereo nick