Phone Repair. Crystal Peaks

I took a Samsung Galaxy  A10  phone to a new stall thats just opened in Crystal peaks selling phone accessories and doing repairs. The phone was working ok but had a grey screen and horizontal lines. The shop said it would be £40 to replace the screen and they would give a 6 months guarantee. They gave me a receipt and said I would get another receipt with the 6 months guarantee on it when I collected the phone. My wife has gone to Crystal peaks this morning shopping and called to collect the phone. They told her that they couldn't give a guarantee because the phone had been damaged because it had been dropped in water. The phone has never been in any water.   I cannot prove that its not been in water but I think they are using this excuse so not to honour the guarantee.  The shop is at the right just as you go through  the entrace of the market.

1 hour ago, Fred G said:

I took a Samsung Galaxy  A10  phone to a new stall thats just opened in Crystal peaks selling phone accessories and doing repairs. The phone was working ok but had a grey screen and horizontal lines. The shop said it would be £40 to replace the screen and they would give a 6 months guarantee. They gave me a receipt and said I would get another receipt with the 6 months guarantee on it when I collected the phone. My wife has gone to Crystal peaks this morning shopping and called to collect the phone. They told her that they couldn't give a guarantee because the phone had been damaged because it had been dropped in water. The phone has never been in any water.   I cannot prove that its not been in water but I think they are using this excuse so not to honour the guarantee.  The shop is at the right just as you go through  the entrace of the market.

A little research would have told you they're constantly like this. 

How Crystal Peaks management continue to allow them there is beyond me with all the complaints. 

Both Peak Communications and Fone Mania are run by the same people. 

50 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

so your phone is fixed, but you are annoyed by the lack of a guarantee? Is that the issue?

Wouldn't you be annoyed? 

I'd be very annoyed & suspicious of any complany that fixed something of mine and immediately tried to void the warranty before even handing back my goods. 

Posted (edited)

probably easier to have gotten a refurbished replacement A10 in good condition for around £52 

I looked in hillsborough exchange sunny wanted for an A14 £145

I ended up getting a refurb good condition no scratches off ebay from a reputable seller for £77  includes charging cable and p&p, I'm  well happy with it 1 year warrenty

Edited by Beechwood_S6

I took the phone for a repair. The phone belong to my sister who passed away 18 months ago. I have a A10 myself and its been a good phone but it is looking a bit shabby. I was wanting to warn anyone thinking of having any repairs done not to use this company. Fred