E-cigs/E-cigarettes: MegaThread Discussion

Is it not yours?

I'm sorry but I am not prepared to name-and-shame but the way I am seeing it, I would be surprised if we are not alone.

I'm am far from certain about the law.

Some internet sites suggest that it is not yet covered.

I'll keep checking.

I don't have a school but I would imagine that such products were banned in all school premises.

they are legal in pubs !! and public areas

by that logic booze would be allowed in school too :rolleyes:

the sale of e cigs are covered by the same laws as any tobacco products

it's threads like this that will end up making the e cig band in public places like they are trying to do now I hear can't have any enjoyment I tell ya

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

they are legal in pubs !! and public areas

They're banned on planes and in my workplace

As far as I know, you need to be 18 to buy an e-cigarette or the liquid to refill them.

Would like to point out that there is no tobacco (and you can get non-nicotine) in the liquid. It is primarily vegetable glycerin. So a comparison to a hookah isn't really sound at all - they are not in the same ball park.

Other than a lack of understanding on what they are, I don't know under what grounds people can campaign to have these banned in public places.

Either way, I don't think they should be tolerated in a school environment.

This is funny too....Funny how they are banned, but you can use the ones that the airline sells you once you are up in the air! Wonder why that is!?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe that the sale of tobacco products (for vapourisers) to under-18s is illegal.

I would assume that sale of the vapouriser, alone, may not be so.

Regardless of the specifics of the law, how can it be sensible that a school tolerates staff and pupils vaping? on the premises during school hours?

No chewing gum.

No fizzy drinks.

No snacks outside the dining hall.

But mini-hookahs?

Have you approached the headteacher or principal and raised your concern?

I'm a smoker myself, but think it's a very poor idea indeed if a school is allowing this on school premises.

The e-cig especially where teachers are concerned should be used exactly the same way as they use a normal cigarette which is outside in a designated smoking area, assuming people are on these as an alternative to the real thing.

it's threads like this that will end up making the e cig band in public places like they are trying to do now I hear can't have any enjoyment I tell ya

I don't know. What sort of music do they play?

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 14:50 ----------

It is up to pubs whether they allow them. Wetherspoons have banned them from every one of their pubs and the EU are proposing an outright ban on them.

http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2012/09/breaking-news-eu-poised-to-ban-electronic-cigarettes.html

it's threads like this that will end up making the e cig band in public places

Is that like the E-street Band?

I don't know. What sort of music do they play?

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 14:50 ----------

It is up to pubs whether they allow them. them.

Wetherspoons have banned them from every one of their pubs and the EU are proposing an outright ban on

http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2012/09/breaking-news-eu-poised-to-ban-electronic-cigarettes.html

Not doubting you,but ive been smoking mine in wetherspoons for months,including today.