E-cigs/E-cigarettes: MegaThread Discussion

And your medical training is what exactly?

It seems that the reality doesn't tie in with these "facts" that you refer too.

http://quitsmoking.about.com/b/2009/07/27/fda-issues-safety-alert-for-electronic-cigarettes.htm

http://www.primehealthchannel.com/electronic-cigarette-dangers-and-side-effects.html

It's quite clear that you have a bee in your bonnet about smoking as you have started numerous threads on the subject and post on smoking endlessly. It is clear that you have an agenda to promote smoking. So don't get on your high horse when someone knocks holes in your false statements.

Yeah, I do.....at least I have ability to admit it.

You kneed to look into a subject before you form your opinions. You know, look at both sides of the argument?! It does help.

---------- Post added 25-02-2013 at 07:27 ----------

Yes but that's like saying swimming with piranha is the healthy option to swimming with alligators. If folk don't want to smoke cigs why did they take it up in the first place? No one is born with a fag in their mouth

Worst analogy I've ever heard!! Are you joking?

Yeah, I do.....at least I have ability to admit it.

You kneed to look into a subject before you form your opinions. You know, look at both sides of the argument?! It does help.

I think the word you are looking for is need.

If it is I have looked at both sides of the argument and it is pretty straightforward. There are folk who want to smoke and there are many more that don’t. Most of those who don’t want to smoke would prefer not to be subjected to the toxic exhalations of those who do. This isn’t difficult to achieve. It just relies on those who want to smoke not doing it in places where non-smokers want to be.

I have the ability to admit that I don't smoke. I seem to remember that you used to claim that you didn't either.

I think the word you are looking for is need.

If it is I have looked at both sides of the argument and it is pretty straightforward. There are folk who want to smoke and there are many more that don’t. Most of those who don’t want to smoke would prefer not to be subjected to the toxic exhalations of those who do. This isn’t difficult to achieve. It just relies on those who want to smoke not doing it in places where non-smokers want to be.

I have the ability to admit that I don't smoke. I seem to remember that you used to claim that you didn't either.

The word I was looking for was need, the word my phone & fat fingers wanted was kneed.

I thought this was about electronic cigarettes?? I totally 100% agree with the smoking ban. And, to be honest, I agree with US Airlines banning e-cigarettes. I wouldn't want any smoke (harmless or not) blown in my direction in such a confined space. But I think the main reason will be due to the product it's self, as I said earlier. It would be really easy to smuggle some explosives onto an airliner, using an e-cig.

Any, for what it's worth, I have smoked on and off for years. I do smoke again now, 2 or 3 a day.

Yes but that's like saying swimming with piranha is the healthy option to swimming with alligators. If folk don't want to smoke cigs why did they take it up in the first place? No one is born with a fag in their mouth

Nothing like the same thing whatsoever.I think most people who smoke proberly wish they had never started,stopping is hard for many reasons[unless you have been a smoker you have no idea how hard]the e.cigs is a easy way to stop smoking.[yes its swopping one addiction for another,but its harmless] so now you gunna tell me its not harmless,but it is.

Nothing like the same thing whatsoever.I think most people who smoke proberly wish they had never started,stopping is hard for many reasons[unless you have been a smoker you have no idea how hard]the e.cigs is a easy way to stop smoking.[yes its swopping one addiction for another,but its harmless] so now you gunna tell me its not harmless,but it is.

No it's not..I know some people who have done it 6 or 7 times ... :)

Nicotine in any form is not harmless. It is in fact poison. Chewing tobacco is popular in America, especially among baseball players, who spit a lot. It is known to be a causer of oral cancers. Edited by buck

Nicotine in any form is not harmless. It is in fact poison. Chewing tobacco is popular in America, especially among baseball players, who spit a lot. It is known to be a causer of oral cancers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine_poisoning

Nicotine poisoning describes the symptoms of the toxic effects of consuming nicotine, which can potentially be deadly. Historically, most cases of nicotine poisoning have been the result of use of nicotine as an insecticide.

Sixty milligrams of nicotine (the amount in about 30-40 cigarettes [1]), has the potential to kill an adult who is not a smoker[2] if all of the nicotine were absorbed. This figure is ~120 mg in chronic cigarette smokers, smoking an average of 20 non-light cigarettes delivering ~1.7 mg of nicotine each daily. One cigarette's-worth of nicotine is enough to make a toddler severely ill. In some cases children have become poisoned by topical medicinal creams which contain nicotine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine_poisoning

Nicotine poisoning describes the symptoms of the toxic effects of consuming nicotine, which can potentially be deadly. Historically, most cases of nicotine poisoning have been the result of use of nicotine as an insecticide.

Sixty milligrams of nicotine (the amount in about 30-40 cigarettes [1]), has the potential to kill an adult who is not a smoker[2] if all of the nicotine were absorbed. This figure is ~120 mg in chronic cigarette smokers, smoking an average of 20 non-light cigarettes delivering ~1.7 mg of nicotine each daily. One cigarette's-worth of nicotine is enough to make a toddler severely ill. In some cases children have become poisoned by topical medicinal creams which contain nicotine.

That means practically nothing. unless you start ingesting it, by the packet.

pure nicotine can easily be fatal and is not to be taken lightly

by the same token bleach, oil, peroxide, and a lot of other things found in your home are very dangerous.

Water is a corrosive and deadly substance so by the argument of potential dangers should be banned.

nicotine is about as dangerous heroin.

ie not dangerous when dosages are correct

just like water.

On a related note they're advertising them on the TV now...

http://youtu.be/lrSavppUj1k

As for them being banned on planes, I'd guess it has more to do with the risks of smuggling liquid bombs and/or risks posed by electrical devices with little or no quality control.

Considering the average airliner can and generally does completely cycle the entire volume of air from within the cabin in less than 2 minutes the risks posed by this vapour are most likely less than the risks posed from anyone simply breathing on you...