wwp8

Phoney or Fantastic?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Phoney or Fantastic?

• Utter claptrap, just releiving the dim of their money
    • Great, helped me no end, wont have a bad word said
    • Sceptical, tell me more.....

This poll is closed to new votes

How could you possibly prove I am wrong? It's your belief as is mine.

Oh really who are you going to see :)?

Hi Hayley! My condolences for your loss.

However, that said, it HAS been proven that clairvoyants are frauds.

Derren Brown makes a career out of it. But he's far from the only one.

You only have to do a little research to see the number of cons, scams, and schemes employed by those professing to commune with 'the other side'.

Check out the defrauding Uri Gellar on YouTube. Fascinating that he's made a career after being so publically shot down on so many occasions.

Edit: Why has he made a career after being so publically shot down...? Because, despite the evidence, people want - and need - to believe.

Edited by Karis

Hi Hayley! My condolences for your loss.

However, that said, it HAS been proven that clairvoyants are frauds.

Derren Brown makes a career out of it. But he's far from the only one.

You only have to do a little research to see the number of cons, scams, and schemes employed by those professing to commune with 'the other side'.

Check out the defrauding Uri Gellar on YouTube. Fascinating that he's made a career after being so publically shot down on so many occasions.

Edit: Why has he made a career after being so publically shot down...? Because, despite the evidence, people want - and need - to believe.

I think one of the most telling things is the $1,000,000 Randi prize. Out of the hundreds or thousands of mediums and psychics who manage to perform regularly, to large audiences or otherwise, why have none ever taken on the Randi challenge? If I could speak to the dead, I'd go claim that

!

What is it with people on here? If the OP believes in this, then that's brilliant.
Not necesarily, if its wrong then its not brilliant, its bad.

She's got her own beliefs, as do I and and the rest of you on here. Don't mock or comment on her beliefs being real or not.
I believe that silly superstitions should be challenged, it's a belief I hold quite dear.

Why can't you respect that belief? :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I've really enjoyed reading this discussion especially the sceptics vs believers discussions. I have to say I have had some pretty forgettable visits to Sheffield clairvoyants, the worst being one who supped her way through numerous Vodkas whilst doing the readings - a novel way to be full of the spirits I guess. That said I went to see Hayden who came highly recommended and he predicted numerous things that I couldn't ever see happening to me. One of of them was so left of field I was convinced he was absolutely on the wrong track or worst, making it up but within 6 months almost all of what he predicted for the year had happened - to the very date in some circumstances. I can't explain it and won't try but I'm certainly less sceptical now than I used to be. I've been a life-long fan of all things paranormal but always as a Scully-type rather than a Mulder but in his case I am more than willing to suspend belief. As I said, some of the predictions were so odd and unusual there was no way he was making a stab in the dark for something 'likely to happen' but happen they did, exactly as described. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

• 4 weeks later...

We are after local Mediums for evenings of clairvoyance. If this is something you do please PM me with details. I am closing this thread because I am after mediums not comments on mediums and how crap they are as I have heard it all before.;) Love and Peace. xx

• 1 month later...