Barnsley Vs Owls 15/12/12

top4718

we got battered and won, take that over the other. People saying we got lucky, yes but weve also got unlucky countless times this season so whatever. Ref was a joke all round, 1st half he favoured us 2nd half he gave everything barnsleys way. Great resilience from the defence, solid showing and we keep a clean sheet to go along with the 3 points away at the dingles. Happy days :D

The poorer of two poor looking teams won tonight. Second half Barnsley improved and should have put it to bed, were unlucky on a couple of occasions. Referee as said was pathetic and the Barnsley lad should have seen a red card and 3 match ban at least for his tackle on madine. Harewood should have gone down when the lad Helan jumped allover him out wide in the box, with a ref like that it would have been a nailed on penalty but very honest of him.

If you lot play like that the rest of the season you are relegated, nothing on that pitch tonight showed me anything other than a bottom three team. Very poor in all areas and I include defensively because ok you didn't concede but Barnsley weren't all that in the final third, had they been you lot would have folded. Miguel Llera is a clown, not a very good football player either.

Very lucky, don't expect you to build on it. Relegation written allover you and an extremely lucky 3 points doesn't make me think any other way! upto you lot to improve and prove me wrong but based on now you are poor!

you watched a game between 2 teams one which hasnt won in 10 and the other lost 7 on the bounce. Add to that the size of the game, fierce derby/relegation scrap of course it was going to be a poor game. Performances come 2nd to the results, look at the leeds game where we played well and didnt win. the performances will come with the confidence of getting results. For me today we showed the fight and passion to put their bodies on the line and battle.

we got battered and won, take that over the other. People saying we got lucky, yes but weve also got unlucky countless times this season so whatever.

Maybe true but it doesn't alter the fact that we were a shambles yet again. No marking, no effort, few passes, little running in to space, rarely challenging, practically no offensive threat from midfield...

It it were me I'd still sack him just based on the performance. This isn't good enough. None of them out there are playing for each other and they certainly aren't playing for the manager.

Yes we got 3 points but I'm still angry after watching yet another inept display of football.

For me today we showed the fight and passion to put their bodies on the line and battle.

I think we were watching different games.

Sidebottom - Like TAT said judge it over the last 7 games or over the whole course of the season, bottom of the league for a reason, poor back four and overall a poor looking outfit. Seen 90 minutes of Wednesday in 3 of those 7 losses and you were as bad as this evening! Tonight wasn't a typical derby game at all, it was far from it, two very poor teams creating very few openings giving the ball away all of the time. Like I said the better of two poor teams lost.

Web1 - Solid? Barnsley dominated second half but hardly put anything in the danger zone for most of it, had they had their wits about the earlier in the game and applied the same amount of pressure that they did late on then it again was a matter of time. You are extremely deep and leave gaps everywhere. Most of your championship opposition would have popped at least 1 away against you today.

You can't defend garbage at the end of the day, lucky goal, very poor display. Play like that between now and may and you are down for certain.

we ARE poor

weve been poor for a long time

were gonna keep being poor while dj and HIS team are there

we were lucky to win today

it aint gonna help us much

We're not poor, stop it with the negativity,

Played well in games, just no result, Cardiff and Notts forest are prime egs'.

Not lucky today, ground it out.

We're not poor, stop it with the negativity,

Played well in games, just no result, Cardiff and Notts forest are prime egs'.

Not lucky today, ground it out.

we ARE poor, we played decent in a couple of matches and were unlucky, that doesnt detract from the fact the MAJORITY of the time we play crap let alone lose

our BEST possible was a draw against the top team?

surely we should be setting our sights higher? but we cant

weve only won teams in the lowest end of the table and not drawn many others

we ARE pitiful

DJ's team is pitiful

im sorry im negative, ive seen enough, i dont normally care either way whether we win or lose, this season has hit a nerve tho, DJ really has killed us

we ARE poor, we played decent in a couple of matches and were unlucky, that doesnt detract from the fact the MAJORITY of the time we play crap let alone lose

we ARE pitiful

DJ's team is pitiful

im sorry im negative, ive seen enough, i dont normally care either way whether we win or lose, this season has hit a nerve tho, DJ really has killed us

How/why sould we be setting our sights higher than drawing against a well-established and competent championship side pushing for promotion?

we ARE pitiful

DJ's team is pitiful

how can you not normally care, then react like this? try an keep the faith its hard i no but i look at the league table and think 10 wins or 9 an 3 draws will keep us up (48 pts) we still have 24 games to do this.. we dont even need to win half the games so if we improve the squad accordingly in january it is still quite possable... if all goes to plan we can relax knowing we stayed up and watch our little brother make a right old mess of the playoffs again :hihi: chin up keep the faith uto