Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

I have a Britony Flexiflue combi that occasionally cuts out when running and has to be restarted. I have suspicions that there is a problem with the fan. Any suggestions as to who can service this particular kind of boiler and if a replacement is needed who can replace it?

It is not a central heating system merely hot water

This problem can be air insystem, no inhibitor ,problem with expansion vessel which can be re set or replaced or a leak on system i would like to call and take a look with you kind regards wesley shaw 07876616985

Can anyone help.

I had a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 CD Classic boiler and an Albion Ultrasteel pressurised hot water cylinder fitted in January last year. I'm looking to get both systems serviced but British Gas 'small print' excludes pressurised hot water systems from maintenance agreements.

Can anyone advise who could provide an annual service plan (including call out for breakdown) ?

Thanks

Can anyone help.

I had a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 CD Classic boiler and an Albion Ultrasteel pressurised hot water cylinder fitted in January last year. I'm looking to get both systems serviced but British Gas 'small print' excludes pressurised hot water systems from maintenance agreements.

Can anyone advise who could provide an annual service plan (including call out for breakdown) ?

Thanks

Hi happy to do the service for you plus you even get an unvented hot water cylinder certificate.

Check our website for prices cheers Jon at JB Heating.

I am planning to replace my boiler and need a quote. I'm looking for someone who is reliable and will do a good job. The house is quite big and currently has a 10 year old Baxi combination boiler which because of the size of the house also has a storage tank within it. When it was being repaired recently the engineer said he would replace it with a separate boiler and tank because of the size of the house - whilst someone else said a combi should cope. I need advice which is best. S20 area.

Hi Happy To Quote

Thanks

Mike

Met Gas Services

---------- Post added 05-05-2014 at 20:54 ----------

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Most of the insurance companies we cover exclude unvented hot water tanks, this is mainly due to customers not having them serviced and around 40% not been fitted correctly. We would be quite happy to service both appliances for you, but currently don't offer service contracts although as we expand due to continued success it is something we are looking at.

Thanks

Mike

---------- Post added 05-05-2014 at 20:56 ----------

I have a Britony Flexiflue combi that occasionally cuts out when running and has to be restarted. I have suspicions that there is a problem with the fan. Any suggestions as to who can service this particular kind of boiler and if a replacement is needed who can replace it?

It is not a central heating system merely hot water

Hi Happy to help.

our full time service and repair engineer has spaces free most of the week

Thanks

Mike

Living in a non mains gas area I rely on a Grant Vortex 26 oil fired combi condensing boiler for CH and hot water. The boiler is 6 years old and was working perfectly normally before a scheduled power cut last Thursday which lasted 9 hours. On the resumption of power the boiler failed to fire up.

My question is why and what might have caused the failure?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

echo.

Living in a non mains gas area I rely on a Grant Vortex 26 oil fired combi condensing boiler for CH and hot water. The boiler is 6 years old and was working perfectly normally before a scheduled power cut last Thursday which lasted 9 hours. On the resumption of power the boiler failed to fire up.

My question is why and what might have caused the failure?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

echo.

Hi

I am not oil registered but here is a few tips try turning the power on and off,check the fuse has not blown in the spur. If you do not have to access the combustion chamber you could also check the the 2amp fast blow fuses in the pcb. It could also just be coincidence.

Good Luck

Mike

---------- Post added 06-05-2014 at 11:22 ----------

I have not hesitation in recommending Metgas 07592 418536. Did great work for me in March - new combi boiler, 2 new heaters, plus some other plumbing. Elsewhere in the forum I've posted a testimonial.

Thanks Again for the recommendation

Mike

Mike

Hi

I am not oil registered but here is a few tips try turning the power on and off,check the fuse has not blown in the spur. If you do not have to access the combustion chamber you could also check the the 2amp fast blow fuses in the pcb. It could also just be coincidence.

Good Luck

Mike

Thank you for your reply Mike.

I've found out today from the manufacturer that the boiler has two pcbs, one controlling the HW and the other the CH plus ignition. I know power is getting to the boiler because the LEDs light up and I can hear the CH pump running. In addition, on testing both pcb fuses they are OK.

My suspicion is that on resumption of the power a 'surge' occurred which has sent the CH pcb down by maybe wiping its programme on its microchip. No components on the board seem to be burnt out.

I'm not sure whether this is possible or whether anyone else has had a similar experience with other boilers.

Grant are quoting £102 for a new pcb which I'm not very happy about. A letter of complaint is on its way to Northern Power Grid company. It'll be interesting to see their response.

Cheers,

echo.

We had a couple do a similar thing on the same street when a wire burnt out, both customers didn't get anywhere.

Good Luck

Mike

Hi

I'm looking for someone who can power flush my heating system. We have a combi boiler and some of the radiators have cold spot toward bottom/middle.

Need to get this done in next few weeks, any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks

Mod note

Post merged with existing megathread on the subject.

Please use the Search facility before posting new threads.

Hoping someone might know the answer to this. Just bought a vertical 3 column rad which has very brief instructions only in broken English. The pictures suggest the 'standard' fitting is inlet top left, ie 2m high up the wall, outlet bottom right but has various 'special' configurations including only one inlet/outlet valve and the configuration I want; inlet bottom left outlet bottom right. Should this change from the standard configuration make any difference to the rad performance or something like the pressure needed to fill the rad? :confused: