Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Hello, We're looking for a Gas Safe engineer with meter qualifications to help with reconnecting a meter (when the National Grid have moved the pipes) and reconnecting the boiler. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello, We're looking for a Gas Safe engineer with meter qualifications to help with reconnecting a meter (when the National Grid have moved the pipes) and reconnecting the boiler. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance :)

Happy to send one of our guys who has his meter qualifications cheers Jon at JB Heating.

hi and thankyou for taking the time to read my thread

i have a council fire in at the moment and wanting to replace it , as told last time it was serviced a few months ago because its a double chimney i will have a box in my recess and rods going up my chimney breast does this mean i can only have a certain fire fitted ....thankyou

hi and thankyou for taking the time to read my thread

i have a council fire in at the moment and wanting to replace it , as told last time it was serviced a few months ago because its a double chimney i will have a box in my recess and rods going up my chimney breast does this mean i can only have a certain fire fitted ....thankyou

You can't have anything fitted without permission from the council and needs to be fitted by a gas safe registered fitter with all the appropriate certification. Who should be able to tell you exactly what you can have fitted.

If you have a new flue box and liner you should be able to have most types of Gas fire fitted to that flue system, That said however each fire will have its own installation instructions and they must be adhered to. Best thing to do is pick the fire you want and then download these and have a read or ring the manufactures helpline.

Good Luck

Mike

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has had a free boiler installed by npower?

Any experiences would be welcome - especially what make combi boiler was installled and if there was any problems.

Thank you.

Mod Note

Merged with the existing BOILER MEGATHREAD which will have come up as a prompt.

Is this Free as in Eco (hhcro) or Free as in Green Deal ?

Mike

I have a boiler with an inbuilt c/h timer which is very basic. Can I fit a more sophisticated external timer and disconnect the inbuilt one?

You may be able to link out the existing timer or leave it on constant and have a switch live from an external programmable room thermostat. What make and model of boiler do you have?

I have a boiler with an inbuilt c/h timer which is very basic. Can I fit a more sophisticated external timer and disconnect the inbuilt one?

Short answer...yes. As Micky says, numerous ways round it depending on make/model (Baxi easy to remove/ Ideal mini can be left on constant and stat switch live used). Happy to quote if required, cheers, Steve