Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Just a shout out to Micky ET to say thanks for coming out today when out boiler broke down. Back up and running for the time being and some great advice on a replacement. Would definitely recommend.

Looking for someone to supply and fit a perferable worcester boiler to supply just hot water as my old one is on its last leg, can people who wants the job pm me a qoute?

Impossible to quote for an install blind, happy to survey your property and provide a free written quote, cheers, Steve

Looking for someone to supply and fit a perferable worcester boiler to supply just hot water as my old one is on its last leg, can people who wants the job pm me a qoute?

Hi

I think I have fixed this boiler for you before happy to quote to replace it

Thanks

Mike

---------- Post added 17-02-2014 at 19:23 ----------

Just a shout out to Micky ET to say thanks for coming out today when out boiler broke down. Back up and running for the time being and some great advice on a replacement. Would definitely recommend.

Thanks for the recommendation will send you that quote shortly

Cheers

Mike

---------- Post added 17-02-2014 at 19:23 ----------

I have a Worcester boiler and just recently the system pressure gauge seems to be going over the safe area.

I am an old woman and don't really understand these things.

If you imagine the gauge is a clock, then when the boiler is off the pointer is at quarter to, when it is fired up it would go up to noon. Now it is heading for quarter past, which is beyond the black line on the dial.

I hope that makes sense, and someone can tell me if it is dangerous. Do I need to get someone out to look at it?

(I can't do anything myself, apart from anything else I have trouble seeing just now.)

Happy to help please call if required

Hi all,

We have a Glow-worm 30Ci plus. Its has recently (yesterday) started dripping allthough it is still heating. We need to get this fixed, and the boiler serviced. We also have a gas fire in our lounge that we know need to get fixed. The previous owner of our home said that this is just a small part that needs fitting.

If anybody could provide us with cheap quotes or recommendations that would be great help.

We live in S7.

Thanks in advance Babs

Hi all,

We have a Glow-worm 30Ci plus. Its has recently (yesterday) started dripping allthough it is still heating. We need to get this fixed, and the boiler serviced. We also have a gas fire in our lounge that we know need to get fixed. The previous owner of our home said that this is just a small part that needs fitting.

If anybody could provide us with cheap quotes or recommendations that would be great help.

We live in S7.

Thanks in advance Babs

Hi happy to service the boiler and sort the other issues out for you but only free Saturday the 1st cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

Hi all,

We live in S7.

Thanks in advance Babs

Hi Have just responded to your web enquiry happy to help our service engineer has space tomorrow

Thanks

Mike

Met Gas Services

Hi, I had my boiler serviced by corgigasman 2 weeks ago. Having had boiler pressure problems and low temp hot water he recommended a couple of new parts and was going to provide a quote the following work day.

Despite me chasing by txt/phone/email I've not received a response. As he was initially very helpful I didn't want to go elsewhere and not give him the work - however I would have appreciated a response either way. As it's now been nearly 2 weeks, a lot of wasted time, and still with a temperamental boiler I require some alternative quotes, preferably with a quick turnaround.

The boiler is Saunier Duval F30E - I was recommended an auxiliary expansion vessel to be fitted in the space below the boiler and also a valve (the name of which I can't remember) which switches the between the central heating and the tap hot water.

Anyone interested....?!?!

Hi was it a diverter valve? If your having a new external expansion vessel i would recommend a new pressure relief valve also.

We would be happy to sort this for you but im afraid you would have to wait until the week after next, many thanks Jon at JB Heating Services.

Hi, I had my boiler serviced by corgigasman 2 weeks ago. Having had boiler pressure problems and low temp hot water he recommended a couple of new parts and was going to provide a quote the following work day.

Despite me chasing by txt/phone/email I've not received a response. As he was initially very helpful I didn't want to go elsewhere and not give him the work - however I would have appreciated a response either way. As it's now been nearly 2 weeks, a lot of wasted time, and still with a temperamental boiler I require some alternative quotes, preferably with a quick turnaround.

The boiler is Saunier Duval F30E - I was recommended an auxiliary expansion vessel to be fitted in the space below the boiler and also a valve (the name of which I can't remember) which switches the between the central heating and the tap hot water.

Anyone interested....?!?!

Happy to help Have appointments free for our service engineer tomorrow, it is highly likely we will have both parts on our van stock

Thanks

Mike

I have a Worcester boiler, about 8 years old. I have just taken out a maintenance contract with British Gas, as recommended by my sister.

The first service was last week, and when I mentioned the system pressure gauge was going too high, the man had a look and said the cause was muck blocking the 'something'

Cost to clean it out is £330. He also said if I had a filter it wouldn't happen, cost another £200 or so.

Can anyone advise on this and the costs please.

I have a Worcester boiler, about 8 years old. I have just taken out a maintenance contract with British Gas, as recommended by my sister.

The first service was last week, and when I mentioned the system pressure gauge was going too high, the man had a look and said the cause was muck blocking the 'something'

Cost to clean it out is £330. He also said if I had a filter it wouldn't happen, cost another £200 or so.

Can anyone advise on this and the costs please.

Hi this sounds high to me the British Gas costs are out of this world, if you would like us to take a look let me know we can book you in and fit you a heating filter for less cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.