Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

All

I have the following issues ?

I got a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar Highflow 440 CDi installed about 6 months ago. I also have DT10RF Digistat (MK II) to control settings, etc.

Issues that I have

1. Manually adjust Digistat if room too cold. A flame appears on this unit but the boiler flame light does not come on. (there is a signal between the 2 units)

2. Manually adjust Digistat if room too cold. A flame appears on this unit and the boiler flame light comes on. (there is a signal between the 2 units). Sometimes it can take up to an hour for radiators to get luke warm or sometimes they can be boiling in 15 minutes.

Some radiators stay cold at the top (I then bleed) and others are cold at the bottom. Some of the radiators are only about 3/4 years old.

On other occassions the whole of the radiator can either be cold or boiling hot.

There does not seem to any consistent performance!!

The thermostat and receiver could not communicating, or as your radiators are cold it could be a temperature sensor, We currently have an offer on serving of £40 for christmas, we could come and give your boiler the once over and see if we find any faults ?

Cheers Mike

Worcesters again unreal 75% of our breakdowns are Worcester, no wonder the TV and radio is getting hammered with there sales, its my opinion but i would have the Ideal Logic plus any day over the Worcester.

If your after the top boiler Fiona3 then look no further than a Vaillant, in my opinion its the Mercedes of boilers. Cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

The ideal logic is a very good boiler, baxi are good but stay away from the GA range.

Worcester bosch boiler are not as good as people think and are not worth the extra money.

I would be careful of anybody that can install very quickly, most good engineers will have lots of jobs booked in at the moment.

Hi,

We've got a radiator in our hallway that won't stop trickling water at bottom on pipe, to the point of having a pool every few minutes on the floor. The tap that one should turn to stop this is very worn and won't turn off and the pressure in my boiler keeps dropping to 0, so I can't put heating on or anything. Please can someone help/advice. Thank you

All

I have the following issues ?

I got a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar Highflow 440 CDi installed about 6 months ago. I also have DT10RF Digistat (MK II) to control settings, etc.

Issues that I have

1. Manually adjust Digistat if room too cold. A flame appears on this unit but the boiler flame light does not come on. (there is a signal between the 2 units)

2. Manually adjust Digistat if room too cold. A flame appears on this unit and the boiler flame light comes on. (there is a signal between the 2 units). Sometimes it can take up to an hour for radiators to get luke warm or sometimes they can be boiling in 15 minutes.

Some radiators stay cold at the top (I then bleed) and others are cold at the bottom. Some of the radiators are only about 3/4 years old.

On other occassions the whole of the radiator can either be cold or boiling hot.

There does not seem to any consistent performance!!

If it's only been fitted for 6 months, get the installer back in!!

Hi,

We've got a radiator in our hallway that won't stop trickling water at bottom on pipe, to the point of having a pool every few minutes on the floor. The tap that one should turn to stop this is very worn and won't turn off and the pressure in my boiler keeps dropping to 0, so I can't put heating on or anything. Please can someone help/advice. Thank you

Might just need gland nut tightening, happy to have a look, cheers, Steve

It is just a screw down valve the fact that it is leaking means it is broken ! Please give us a ring if you want us to come and replace it for a conventional valve.

Cheers

Mike

Thank you Mike and corgigasman for your advice.

I'm not sure that it is a conventional screw down valve because there are others in the house which when screwed down leak water exactly the same. Maybe they are all broken, but that seems unlikely. Anyhow from what you say they need to be replaced and the system will need draining first. It's a job I think we'll leave until after the cold weather departs.

Cheers,

echo.

Hi

I had my boiler serviced on Monday by BG however I am not convinced the engineer actually did service it, he took off the outer cover and then I left him to it as I didn't want to stand over him, he was then messing with some screws to the inner cover and then I went. The boiler hasn't been serviced previously for about 2-3 years and it is about 14 years old now. He was there approx. 40 minutes and part of that was doing the paperwork, there didn't seem to be much disruption or mess, I could be wrong but just checking what your thoughts are.

Thanks

Hi

I had my boiler serviced on Monday by BG however I am not convinced the engineer actually did service it, he took off the outer cover and then I left him to it as I didn't want to stand over him, he was then messing with some screws to the inner cover and then I went. The boiler hasn't been serviced previously for about 2-3 years and it is about 14 years old now. He was there approx. 40 minutes and part of that was doing the paperwork, there didn't seem to be much disruption or mess, I could be wrong but just checking what your thoughts are.

Thanks

I can't answer the question directly but I'd probably look at replacing the boiler as it's quite old rather than paying to service it. New boilers tend to be 30% more efficient and you can often pay for the boiler out of your savings on gas. Get a quote with finance and see if the numbers stack up. BG are expensive though so I'd probably look elsewhere. If you are on tax credits you might actually get a free boiler