Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

We have recently bought a house, having old glow&worm Hideaway 40 boiler with separate hot water tank. Gas consumpion is far to high, and we want to change it. And also add 2 radiators, 1 in conservatory other one in toilet and put thermostat valves upstairs aswell.

Just looking somebody to come and have a look and do a quote for us, to have an idea how much will cost.

Edited by Digital123

We have recently bought a house, having old glow&worm Hideaway 40 boiler with separate hot water tank. Gas consumpion is far to high, and we want to change it. And also add 2 radiators, 1 in conservatory other one in toilet and put thermostat valves upstairs aswell.

Just looking somebody to come and have a look and do a quote for us, to have an idea how much will cost.

Happy to view property, offer advice and a written quote, cheers, Steve

Hi happy to call and give you a free quote cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

lmd gas solutions ,happy to quote please contact on 07747613969 we will try to beat any genuine quote thanks.....

Threads merged so not sure if your post relays full extent of problem.......if you have a combi-boiler then running bath taps slower generally helps temperature rise of hot tap. Please post for further advice, cheers, Steve

Hi no it doesn't change temp. Every other tap gets hot, there's a shower over bath and that gets hot as does sink but bath hardly gets warm.

Hi,

I've been in my house for 2 years now and have noticed our hot water doesnt seem to be as plentiful any more. It is heated by an immersion heater and i currently have it set to come on at 5-7am and 5-7pm.

Wondered if someone could come and take a look and see if the immersion heater needs replacing, lagging wants improving (has 2 red insulating jackets on) etc

The heating is by warm air so cannot heat water that way (I don't think)

Thanks

Matt

Hi,

I've been in my house for 2 years now and have noticed our hot water doesnt seem to be as plentiful any more. It is heated by an immersion heater and i currently have it set to come on at 5-7am and 5-7pm.

Wondered if someone could come and take a look and see if the immersion heater needs replacing, lagging wants improving (has 2 red insulating jackets on) etc

The heating is by warm air so cannot heat water that way (I don't think)

Thanks

Matt

Hi happy to take a look for you, what temp is the stat set too inside the immersion cap, remember to make sure the power to the immersion is off when you check the stat.

Cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

Hi happy to take a look for you, what temp is the stat set too inside the immersion cap, remember to make sure the power to the immersion is off when you check the stat.

Cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

Hi - just checked and there are no numbers on it but it is set to max. It looks very old though it says 'HEATRAE RDT' on it. I can email you a picture if you send me an email address