Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

I have a boiler with an inbuilt c/h timer which is very basic. Can I fit a more sophisticated external timer and disconnect the inbuilt one?

Yes we could supply and fit something like the honeywell wireless (on a a stand) Cm927 7 day programable room thermostat. As it is a thermostat to it could help lower your bills an eventually pay for its fitting.

Boiler advice needed please

Gloworm Betacomc July 2009 Boiler

Flashing flames or gas failure

I set the boiler to hot water only, i reset the boiler then run the hot water it lights and burns for 5 seconds then stops. it does this 2 more times then the warning/fault indicator light flashes again.

Any advice welcome

Thaks Steve Oscar

These boiler are prone to faulty pressure indicator 1st thing I would try is topping the pressure up to around 1.8 bars slowly as the gauges are also temperamental. If this does not work you will probably need a visit from a heating engineer.

We would be more than happy to visit got appointments all week

Thanks

Mike

I have a protherm combi boiler, and the hot water has stopped working, the c/h seems to be ok. I have been told it is not repairable and requires a new boiler to be fitted.

Does anybody know if this is likely to be true?

Does anybody have any idea how much a new boiler will cost?

Hi We Cover around 200 protherms for a landlord we work for so we know our way around then, If it is only in hot water mode then I would imagine it is repairable, the problem with protherms is that the parts are not cheap

Call Me if you need to have space tomorrow

Thanks

Mike

Hi We Cover around 200 protherms for a landlord we work for so we know our way around then, If it is only in hot water mode then I would imagine it is repairable, the problem with protherms is that the parts are not cheap

Call Me if you need to have space tomorrow

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike

Many thanks - do you know how much it would cost if a new boiler is needed?

Hi sorry we don't do blind estimates to many variables but can do free quote with flexible quote times, could even let you know what wrong with your old boiler whilst we are looking so you can make an informed decision.

Thanks

Mike

Hi sorry we don't do blind estimates to many variables but can do free quote with flexible quote times, could even let you know what wrong with your old boiler whilst we are looking so you can make an informed decision.

Thanks

Mike

Hi mike,

That's ok thanks, I have received a couple of quotes now which will help with my immediate decision making.

I will give you a call in a couple of weeks to take you up on your offer.

Hi mike,

That's ok thanks, I have received a couple of quotes now which will help with my immediate decision making.

I will give you a call in a couple of weeks to take you up on your offer.

Look Forward to hearing from you then!!

These boiler are prone to faulty pressure indicator 1st thing I would try is topping the pressure up to around 1.8 bars slowly as the gauges are also temperamental. If this does not work you will probably need a visit from a heating engineer.

We would be more than happy to visit got appointments all week

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

Would you like to come and have a look sometime after this coming Saturday?

Yes

Please call me and I ll put you in the diary

Thanks

Mike

Does anybody know how to size a combi boiler?

I have found this online sizing tool - has anybody used it?

http://calculators.baxiknowhow.co.uk/boiler-sizing/

For my smallish bungalow it says I need a 11.5KW boiler.

The smallest ones available seem to be 25KW ish

Any comments or advice will be welcome