Ive just seen this - its awful..*very graphic and upsetting video*

danamy

I am not a squeamish person, i've watched many so called extreme things but even I was affected by this video, it really is awful cruelty beyond the realms of sanity.

Not sure what the logic in skinning these racoon dogs alive is but seeing an image of an animal still concious after its skin has just been brutally torn off will live with me for a long time.

Dont watch unless you really have to.

I have heard more than once that this video was made by peta to make a point about the fur trade. There is no reason someone would skin an animal alive...it would ruin the fur with blood and the animal would injure them. I dont agree with skinning for fur but it just doesnt make sense that the furriers would do it that way

Because it's cheap. Euthenasia is expensive.

There is a lot of "anti-PETA" rumours about and I have to say I dislike PETA intensely. They are the worst of a single issue campaign, exploitation of humans is fine, just not animals. Their sexual politics are quite distateful and I get the impression they would rather chain a woman to the kitchen sink in domestic servitude for her adult life than chain a dog outside a shop for 5 minutes.

But you will find that there is quite a broad dislike for PETA in animal "rights"/welfare groups too. Not least because the above is NOT a reflection of the majority of people who campaign against maltreatment of animals.

However they are not going to skin animals to make a film. Some heard more that once that the earth was flat. That didn't make it true.

iv signed the petition but wont watch the video, i dont get why people would hurt these animals! how would they like being skinned alive for some fake boots or some horrid handbag! its about time that we got rid of the petition and brought in a law with a sentence of life! a life for a life i see it as, some might not agree but why is an animal any different to a human being? they have rights and feelings! :rant:

Because it's cheap. Euthenasia is expensive.

There is a lot of "anti-PETA" rumours about and I have to say I dislike PETA intensely. They are the worst of a single issue campaign, exploitation of humans is fine, just not animals. Their sexual politics are quite distateful and I get the impression they would rather chain a woman to the kitchen sink in domestic servitude for her adult life than chain a dog outside a shop for 5 minutes.

But you will find that there is quite a broad dislike for PETA in animal "rights"/welfare groups too. Not least because the above is NOT a reflection of the majority of people who campaign against maltreatment of animals.

However they are not going to skin animals to make a film. Some heard more that once that the earth was flat. That didn't make it true.

Surely a bolt gun to the head is inexpensive and would ultimately save on production costs - it's got to be quicker, cleaner and easier to skin a dead animal. It makes no sense whatsoever to skin live animals, there's something fishy about it.

Surely a bolt gun to the head is inexpensive and would ultimately save on production costs - it's got to be quicker, cleaner and easier to skin a dead animal. It makes no sense whatsoever to skin live animals, there's something fishy about it.

They slam the animals to the ground holding their tails (on this specific video) so they are dazed and pretty lifeless at the time of 'skinning'. In the video I watched years ago the GSd was chained tightly to a metal fence and they held his paw so his hind leg was stretched out so much so the GSD was almost immobile and very frightened. So essentially the bolt gun is still expensive to the trade as they don't kill them so any method would be a cost they are unwilling to pay. I don't think they make that much from the fur, it's the retailers who make the buck.

I just wonder what kind of person you would have to be to be able to do this with no compassion at all. :(

Glad its not just me who thinks so

RIP poor animal though :(