Sheffielder Lucy on the X-factor

I think she were great and her songs are very catchy. But I think she'd have been better going on Britain's Got Talent as xFactor are going to make her sing covers not her own stuff

I think she were great and her songs are very catchy. But I think she'd have been better going on Britain's Got Talent as xFactor are going to make her sing covers not her own stuff

I agree with you to be honest. Because they insist on doing "Theme" nights I cant see Lucy doing Abba....etc etc etc

we was at the auditions the day she was on and what a refreshing change she was fantastic. we screamed for more, good luck to lucy i hope she goes for. she is a new victory wood coming im sure.

I loved it, really wanted her to be good being from Sheffield, and she did disappoint

, lots of fun and something different.

She was good, really can't see her winning but I can see her making comedy song albums and doing what she wants to do anyway :)

same here shes unique but can she do other things they ask im not sure she will have been noticed and i bet people are ready with offers

same here shes unique but can she do other things they ask im not sure she will have been noticed and i bet people are ready with offers

I agree, and yes shes great but won win, but will go far on her own.

I never watch the X-Factor but you lot made me curious, she was great hope she does record it and it goes to No.1.

On the other hand is that Tulisa sat next to MelB - only seen her photo in magazines - what is she famous for?

And here is Sheffield Forum at its finest.

7 posts where 1 is the OP and 3 are dripping with disdain for the medium and don't have a good word to say for this local woman and 1 in fact goes so far as to right her off before shes even begun, even though shes actually talented and smart and funny and humble and this morning her album is currently 7th in the itunes chart and shes trying to make something of herself.

Way to go Sheffield, way to go...

Very well said. There are times where I'm ashamed to be a Sheffielder after viewing this forum and this is one of them.

You whinge when Sheffield doesn't get featured on a weather map FFS, and then when the city gets a bit of recognition and talent you feel the need to bitch about it and her.

What is it, do you like being the underdog or something? Is the fact the positivity for the city is eradicating the huge chip on some of your shoulders?

Lucy gives me Sheffield pride. Some members on this forum give me Sheffield shame.

I never watch the X-Factor but you lot made me curious, she was great hope she does record it and it goes to No.1.

Have a read through Lucy's wikipedia page.

On the other hand is that Tulisa sat next to MelB - only seen her photo in magazines - what is she famous for?

You have heard of wikipedia haven't you ?

The Xfactor has nothing to do with winning and talent

[...] The masses are so high on their own failure it comforts them to know their not alone. They get pleasure not from the talent, but the failure of it. They like you revel in the humiliation the panel dishes out. And hey! the panel look ever so surprised when one after the other is trotted out, supposedly after they have been vetted by panels behind the scenes. Why allow a young kid to get to the point of being watched by millions who clearly have no talent, other than making you giggle? Yes it's entertainment, that's undeniable, but it's as vacuous as the population who watch and adhere to it.

:D

Great stuff. The early rounds are the parade of the idiotic. They just have to sweeten it with someone who can sing every now and again to juxtapose this "talent" to get the later rounds. X-Factor / BGT is a show in two-stages, essentially.

As for the girl, good luck to her.

They're are many with such high principles they wouldn't dream of ever watching X factor.

I'm not one of them ,so i'll be viewing it again.

Edited by janie48
deleted part