Sheffielder Lucy on the X-factor

I just watched this and she seems ok, but regardless of what I think of her music, her album is now no5 on itunes. The xfactor is a publicity machine, if you're one of the lucky ones that gets the exposure, winning doesn't really matter. I don't know the value of a top 5 album on itunes but I would imagine it's good right? Considering that itunes Amercia will also now see her music when they search that's not bad going for one slot on xfactor.

You just sound bitter.

A tired old soundbite.

The Xfactor has nothing to do with winning and talent, if it was about talent they wouldn't put 60yr old blokes in Lycra and a mullet singing we will rock you.

If it's about talent then why show this?

Here's why. The masses are so high on their own failure it comforts them to know their not alone. They get pleasure not from the talent, but the failure of it. They like you revel in the humiliation the panel dishes out. And hey! the panel look ever so surprised when one after the other is trotted out, supposedly after they have been vetted by panels behind the scenes. Why allow a young kid to get to the point of being watched by millions who clearly have no talent, other than making you giggle? Yes it's entertainment, that's undeniable, but it's as vacuous as the population who watch and adhere to it.

what can you say, a truely fantastic singerwhere has she been hiding, i do hope that someone as already signed her up someone who knows how to get her the best gigs and make her a global star for her kind of music pure genius xxx

Absolutely loved her !

What a refreshing change. Reminded me of a young Victoria Wood/Kirsty Mccall

Would def buy the song and look forward to doing so :)

im sure she's singing about my best mate! lol what a great singer/song writer hope she goes far in the xfactor although if she came second instead of winning she would do great as hardly any of them who come first ever do well! one direction have done better than matt cardle, jls have done better than alexandra Burke, where's Joe mceldry? that Leon guy, no one who wins ever seem to do good in the music bizz but thats my op i might be wrong? :huh:

Judging by her website, Lucy is one seriously talented singer-songwriter with a distinctive voice and an endearing personality. I wish her all the best, and hope that the X Factor won't become a hindrance to what she wants to do with her music. The live circuit is where it's at, after all.

I loved her audition, and hope she goes down the path that she should, ie: comedienne. It'll be interesting to watch her progress on the XFactor, and I look forward to watching her!

Anyhoo....as for buying crisps for food when you're skint......68p a bag!!! Thats luxury food that is !

She may be ok....but why did she not say she has sung before with mainstream artists, and also has an album out?

She may be ok....but why did she not say she has sung before with mainstream artists, and also has an album out?

She's not the first not to have said anything and she certainly won't be the last! I think that the X Factor just gives people a launching pad in the auditions , if they're good enough.

Don't usually watch X Factor. Out of curiosity I watched the performance on You tube. She has a very quirky catchy style, I really enjoyed her performance. I just hope that she carries on writing her own stuff and doesn't get pushed into singing covers, she has a good writing style, and should def carry on singing her own songs and not other peoples. I've seen loads of brilliant unsigned bands and artists who just want to write music and sing, when you get an artist that can do both and they're in the right place at the right time, your onto a winner.