Doctors in Hillsborough

His ll.

I need to get registered with a doctors in Hillsborough, but wondered if there were any doctors that people would recommend as decent, with a fairly decent booking turnaround (if there is even usch a thing nowadays).

Cheers

I was quite happy with the Tramways medical centre, but they're only any good for something non-urgent. If you're actually ill, then the walk-in centre in town is still the best bet. If you do make an appointment with them make it early in the morning - I've sat there ill and shivering for over 90 minutes for a late-running afternoon surgery - they're always very behind.

Tramways has that daft system whereby you can't book an appointment to see a doctor unless you are either willing to wait for a fortnight or participate in a mad telephone scramble between 8.15 and 8.30am.

Ridiculous system.

There are TWO medical centres at Tramways, posters should make it clear which they are talking about.

I visit the one on the right as you walk up the driveway, and I think its OK.

I use Dykes Hall medical Centre, and would highly recommend them - you are almost guranteed to get an appointment if you ring at 8.30am for the same day!!! :)

We joined Far Lane surgery when we moved here a few years ago as it was recommended. They usually have emergency appointments if you either turn up at 8am, or ring around 8.15am. If I've needed to see a doctor (doesn't happen often) I've not had a problem.

However, convenience could also depend where abouts in Hillsborough you live. Its a fairly spread out area.

There are TWO medical centres at Tramways, posters should make it clear which they are talking about.

I visit the one on the right as you walk up the driveway, and I think its OK.

I use that one and it's exactly as described by the others!....my last appointment was at 10am...I was not seen until 11.10!its ridiculous.i would of walked out but I needed to be seen as I couldn't get any other time.

That's not the first time iv had to wait either.

I am currently at Far Lane Medical Centre and although the doctors there are very nice getting an appointment is a nightmare. I have 2 daughters so it is not always possible to go at 8am and sit for ages on the off chance. And worse still, ringing for appointments for my children is never taken as priority as I feel children and the elderly should be. I would personally get an appointment and sit for a while knowing I would definately get to see a doctor than drag both children with possiblity of them missing school with no definate appointment.

I second Dykes Hall Medical Centre, i've never had a problem getting an appt when i needed one

Dykes Hall has always been great for us. They do two different times to ring for urgent appointments and I have even rung for non urgent appointments and been seen within 24 hours. Staff in reception are very helpful not like some I have had to deal with.

We left Far Lane when they refused to do an urgent swab requested by the hospital on my son who had just had surgery. We ended up in A&E for a basic swab as it could have been dangerous to wait the three days for the only appointment they would give us.

Where is Far Lane? is it near Fart Lane?

I drive up Fart Lane to get to Wisewood, and although Far Lane is on the A-Z map I can never find it. Or has someone put a "T" on the road sign as a prank?

They must have done. They possibly thought it was amusing.

Yawn.

I use Tramways (left side as you look at it). Doctors are good and the receptionists are always polite (especially the man) but you have to phone at exactly 8.20 am for a chance of an appointment that day and booking in advance is uncessasarily complicated.

The most annoying thing though is that they still use an 08 number (which they shouldn't do any more) so you have to ring from a landline as the answerphone means that even if you don't get through the charges are extremely high.