The word Gay in our schools

I wasn't going to respond through politeness, not in a hole, but being as you push I do understand institution. Which one are you on day release from???

Sheffield College-perhaps we have met on the plastering course?

Why would anyone look up the meaning of gay,as language evolves.
Yes, it does. The language has evolved and 'gay' has acquired yet another meaning. Do try to keep up! :)

Yes, I think you're right. *thinks* so what should we say instead? :confused:

I don't think a word could be found that encompasses so many different meanings.

Maybe you should start a new thread and ask for suggestions.

Of course the gays aren't allowed a vote though. They've spoilt it once already. :)

If this thread has taught me anything, it's that the gays and others are obviously very annoyed by the use of the word gay. Therefore we should stop using it.

Not at all, lots of homosexual men and women are happy to have their orientation described as gay. And it has the added advantage that it's widely used as such in the English language.

Yes, it does. The language has evolved and 'gay' has acquired yet another meaning. Do try to keep up! :)

Thats rich coming from Barbara Cartland's doppleganger

I don't think a word could be found that encompasses so many different meanings.

Maybe you should start a new thread and ask for suggestions.

Of course the gays aren't allowed a vote though. They've spoilt it once already. :)

No, no, it was your original idea, so obviously you should start it. *stands back respectfully* :)

Sheffield College-perhaps we have met on the plastering course?

No kid sadly my days of getting plastered are long gone lol

No kid sadly my days of getting plastered are long gone lol

I am sure you used to visit Turf,Keys and

Crown in 1980s

Well she does now!

And she did before

When my son was little I heard him and his little friends whispering to be carefull of coloured people and to run away from them, I asked the what they thought a coloured person looked like, haven't seen one yet, but they have colours all over their faces so we have to run fast, our neighbors were black but he didn't put the two together :hihi:

Thats rich coming from Barbara Cartland's doppleganger
Oh, don't start again! :) How many times am I going to have to say sorry for calling you a dolt? At the time it seemed appropriate, and I didn't think you'd even know what it meant. JK! If I'd known it was going to lead you to have such a grudge I would never have posted it. OK??

The one occasion you really wish that the language had evolved so you could provide numerous examples of the good meanings of the word, but there is still only one meaning for dumbass! :hihi:

Oh, don't start again! :) How many times am I going to have to say sorry for calling you a dolt? At the time it seemed appropriate, and I didn't think you'd even know what it meant. JK! If I'd known it was going to lead you to have such a grudge I would never have posted it. OK??

The one occasion you really wish that the language had evolved so you could provide numerous examples of the good meanings of the word, but there is still only one meaning for dumbass! :hihi:

OK Babs:hihi: