Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

I'm not acting grumpy about bins. I'm hacked off a little when people use my bin without permission and take issue with me for things I haven't said.

Please list the post numbers where I've complained about smelly bins.

It is the councils bin not yours.If yours is full use a neighbours.Failing that use some imagination and try crushing your refuse,and flatten your flan cases.

The bins belong to the council but are allocated to specific addresses. When they were delivered there was a man with a clipboard noting bin serial numbers against addresses.

The bins are the responsibilty of the person they're allocated to. So, if anyone overfills my bin or puts something in there that they shouldn't it's me who has to sort it out, which I object to.

Its just a simple thought, but if we only need our bins emptying every 2 weeks why did they waste money emptying them every week before/

because traditionally the english dustbin was 1 80 l bin into which all waste went

rather than having 2 , 3 or even more 240 wheelies +/- additional crates which you put various different types of waste into ...

The bins are the responsibilty of the person they're allocated to. So, if anyone overfills my bin or puts something in there that they shouldn't it's me who has to sort it out, which I object to.

it is also your responsibility to store your bins safely and given there are few if any true back to backs left in Sheffield ( vs Leeds which is full of the stinking things) the vast majority of people have a yard / garden or other space they can put their bins out of site of marauding fly tippers

Half the time when we think our bins are full its just air in the bags ,i have found if you give them a good thump down with the sweeping brush you gain more space.

And as some have already said crush everything before you bin it.

Half the time when we think our bins are full its just air in the bags ,i have found if you give them a good thump down with the sweeping brush you gain more space.

And as some have already said crush everything before you bin it.

Indeed, and don't overfil your bin bags (or use large ones in a bin) so that they can be compacted in the wheelie bin.

The theorey* is that the council tax payers save money because Veolia collect rubbish more cheaply than the council can. They're able to do this because they sell the recyclables.

People who don't recycle reduce Veolia's profits so they will increase their prices to the council.

* I say "theorey" because we'll never know whether or not this works in practice. You never get straight answers from politicians and council jobsworths; companies hide behind the "commercially sensitive" shield.

Veolia UK`s Waste Arm`s profits increased by 20% last year from £100M to £121M.

http://www.mrw.co.uk/news/veolia-uk-profits-surge-20/8632799.article

Veolia benefit from Joe public acting as Free labour for the company by sorting all the sale-able waste for them , meaning Veolia sit back and rake in massive profits .

Fair enough, as long as Sheffield taxpayers are making a saving over letting the Council do the job. As I said earlier if Veolia can make a good profit from doing this why can't the Council? (The phrase "p**s up in Brewery" springs to mind).

Veolia aren't "sitting back", if any one is it's the Council sitting back and letting Veolia get on with the work.

If you're worried about Veolia making a profit buy some of their shares and benefit from the dividends, or get off your backside and form a waste recycling company and compete with them.

I'm not acting grumpy about bins. I'm hacked off a little when people use my bin without permission and take issue with me for things I haven't said.

Please list the post numbers where I've complained about smelly bins.

Just return the favour and put your rubbish in their bins .