Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

.........it just seems stupid when each household that has been missed has to ring veolia themselves one person can't give the addresses.

Typical Bureaucratic bull****. Wait for them to come and empty one bin, then ring an hour later for the next and so on.

Yes, but maybe you should, instead of expecting other people to sort out the amount of waste you produce.

There's an element of personal responsibility too.

Veolia sell all of the re-cycled waste and make a vast amount of money from doing so. Thats fair enough ,and ive no objection to them making money, but i refuse to act as an unpaid rubbish sorter on their behalf ,so they can make money . If they want to sell our rubbish ,they should sort it themselves ,and pay their staff to do it, not expect the general public to do this free of charge so they can maximize their profits.

I have an idea. Its fortnightly now, and there is sod all we can do about it. People power only works when everyone stands side by side, which isnt the way here in Sheffield anymore. Self, self and myself. Pull the ladder up Jack. Bradley Wiggum has annoying sideburns. Its a bin for craps sake, and if its full, dont put owt else innit.