Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

I live in a cul de sac there are 11 houses,should have been our recycling collection today.They came and emptied half and left the others,had to ring up veolia,but can only report mine not my neighbours.Where is that saving money when they may have to come back 3 or 4 times.

If you were to pool your rubbish and put all your bins together this would not happen.Also the men know that homes on cul de sacs generate less waste due to modest life-styles so can cut corners.

You didn't read any of my posts did you? We have 6 hens and 4 rabbits, and that's the main reason there isn't enough room in the bin. 6 nappies per day and the waste a baby generates just compounds the problem. We managed 9 days but 14 is too long.

You ought to be registered as a commercial property as you seem to be running a farm not a family in your abode.

If you were to pool your rubbish and put all your bins together this would not happen.Also the men know that homes on cul de sacs generate less waste due to modest life-styles so can cut corners.

All the bins and boxes where out together so why only empty half,and i certainly don't have a modest life style i find that a stupid remark to make.and i recycle what i can.

All the bins and boxes where out together so why only empty half,and i certainly don't have a modest life style i find that a stupid remark to make.and i recycle what i can.

It was intended as a complement and I suggest you misunderstand my implication.And I cannot explain the negligence of the collection team.You must not assume they read the comments made here.

It was intended as a complement and I suggest you misunderstand my implication.And I cannot explain the negligence of the collection team.You must not assume they read the comments made here.

I don't assume anything,but it just seems stupid when each household that has been missed has to ring veolia themselves one person can't give the addresses.

You didn't read any of my posts did you? We have 6 hens and 4 rabbits, and that's the main reason there isn't enough room in the bin. 6 nappies per day and the waste a baby generates just compounds the problem. We managed 9 days but 14 is too long.

yes, its your choice to have all those animals, so why should everyone in sheffield subside your collection of pets?

I don't assume anything,but it just seems stupid when each household that has been missed has to ring veolia themselves one person can't give the addresses.

You must have some daft neighbours if they cannot give out their address-you must live in one of those deprived areas mentioned in the Star.