Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

Another load of someone else's rubbish in my bin this morning.

It's all compressed and the lid will only just close, so anything else I produce has to wait for over a fortnight before it gets collected.

thats shocking! cant you lock it somehow?

That's going to be looked into - although I bet they'll just dump it on the drive!

You're lucky living in Derbyshire, they seem to have got this rubbish thing pretty well sussed, all the fuss we're making is because people seem to think Sheffield hasn't!

Time will tell, but I'm not impressed so far :rant:

well people are can't or won't take responsibility for managing their household waste deserve it ...

oh yes I forget we are talking about the People's Entitlement Republic of Sheffield and not the real world, only in Sheffield would someone suggest that the way to achieve the segregation of recyclable materials is some grotesque third world spectacle of t' council paying people to post disposal sort waste rather than householders having the slightest bit of personal responsibility and disposing of waste into the appropriate bin or box ant the point of generation.

Veolia`s waste Re-cycling division had a 20% rise in profits from £100M to £120M last year ,and you expect me to act as an unpaid waste sorter so Veolia can sit back and rake in the profit from my work . Not a chance . If they wish to sell my rubbish ,thats fine ,but they can sort the rubbish themselves .

Another load of someone else's rubbish in my bin this morning.

It's all compressed and the lid will only just close, so anything else I produce has to wait for over a fortnight before it gets collected.

Someone knows your Achilles and is laughing at your expenss-put some glue near handle/or paint in non-setting gloss and wait for dabs

Will they really be collecting tomorrow, Bank Holiday Monday?

It says so in the leaflet.

Granma.

They will do. We used to have Monday collections before the change and the only bank holidays they didn't collect on we're the Christmas ones.