Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

My collection is on a tuesday morning around 7.30am; one particular monday evening I forgot to put my bin out ready for the next morning, and I as I wasn't at work that particular morning I didn't rise from bed till about 7.50-ish, so the binmen had been and gone and my bin had of course not been emptied; when I rang to explain the situation they basically said in not so many words - tough titty, I should have put my bin out. Shocking! once upon a time the binmen used to fetch the bins from your house.

I agree. I would love to know exactly what binmen get paid for. We sort the waste out we drop off the bin. All they do is drive around in their little van

That's easy, I was commenting on the one page which says in text twice black bin is week one but the picture shows blue bin as week one.

Now let's look at a possibility that someone receives a leaflet that is incorrect like mine has a problem reading. The wrong bin is going to be put out.

The information given is poor and it can't have just happened in 1 area. I've spoken to a guy that works for Veolia tonight and not only is the leaflet I've received got the wrong bin.....its got the wrong date! So I can imagine quite a few calls getting made to Veolia on Wednesday when bins around here are not emptied.

**** up, brewery and organise springs to mind

We got our leaflet today at about 4:30. Seems quite straight forward. Pity about the additional leaflet saying that there would be an extra blue bin collection, to make up for the one they didn't do this week. Guess when the collection was? Today apparently. God knows when, deffinitely not after we'd got the leaflet! Hey ho.

Edited by Olive

Looks like the dump it sites cant cope as it is with the reduced opening hours even before the fortnightly collections cause massive amounts of extra black bags that need dumping at the tips.

I was in Deepcar dump today ,and i spent 15 mins there talking to the lads i know who work there ,and there was a constant Queue outside on the road ,and one of the lads told me it had been like that since opening time at 10am and everybody had been dumping the same things...... black bin bags out of their wheelie bins to make space with the fortnightly starting monday. It was chaos in there.

Jack Scott and his council cronies really havnt thought this one through have they.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/chaos-as-queues-grow-again-at-sheffield-1-4825857

We got our leaflet today at about 4:30. Seems quite straight forward. Pity about the additional leaflet saying that there would be an extra blue bin collection, to make up for the one they didn't do this week. Guess when the collection was? Today apparently. God knows when, deffinitely not after we'd got the leaflet! Hey ho.

We got the leaflet in plenty of time (in S6), and all down our street people put out their blue boxes and bins for the extra collection we were told we were getting yesterday (Saturday). It didn't happen. :( Nearly everyone appears to have left them out for collection. I wonder if it will happen today or tomorrow. :confused:

I agree. I would love to know exactly what binmen get paid for. We sort the waste out we drop off the bin. All they do is drive around in their little van

you seem very knowledgeable,what do you do for a living so we can hold you in judgement!!

I'm not opposed to the fortnightly collections. I am a little annoyed with the lack of notice. Being on holiday means the black bin will now not be emptied for over a month :gag: We have loads of room it just is a bit stinky :hihi:

I would love my green bin back though, think I will end up paying for the service next year as I am really missing it, my front garden is now my compost heap! Not too sure the neighbours approve!