Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

Guest makapaka

Think its great this, for smaller households anyway, 6+ I can understand being hard work.

People will be more careful about what they waste,recycle etc.

Few months time and everyone will have forgot and there'll be less waste.

We got a leaflet this morning- in Jenkin road of s9 area our collection day was Monday but from now on will be Friday hopefully will manage.

Incidentally applications for larger bins are handled by waste management at carbrook not veolia. I think they'll do various checks inc council tax and electoral roll and home visits to check up on applications. You can get an extra blue box tho by asking veolia if you think you might need one.

Thing that gets me is that someone will have been paid to produce and deliver the leaflet that told us about the extra blue bin collection yesterday in our area (S6). But what's the point in delivering a leaflet in the late afternoon that tells you to put your bin out by 7am that morning? What a waste. Oh the irony!

Thing that gets me is that someone will have been paid to produce and deliver the leaflet that told us about the extra blue bin collection yesterday in our area (S6). But what's the point in delivering a leaflet in the late afternoon that tells you to put your bin out by 7am that morning? What a waste. Oh the irony!

And did yours get collected? I'm in S6 and ours didn't even though we had the leaflet in advance. My street is a sea of blue bins and boxes.

And did yours get collected? I'm in S6 and ours didn't even though we had the leaflet in advance. My street is a sea of blue bins and boxes.

I haven't a clue - no one had put their bins out. I didn't see a lorry go past, but we got up quite late and weren't in all day. Perhaps they did visit but were able to whizz straight past as there were no bins out to empty!