Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

Thanks Nikita. You never know we might get our leaflet before Friday, lol

Perhaps they have missed you out we got ours saturday, i cant be far from you.

Havent had our leaflet yet on Abbeydale Road, talk about disorganised. We have 3 bins between 6 flats and only just manage now. We have a skip type blue bin for waste paper which we all use and its nearly full to overflowing now because they keep missing it. All our plastics go to the supermarket recycling skips, There is a green skip for glass and tins that we fill regularly.

So where do we put the rest when our black bins are full Town hall steps or our local councillors garden perhaps?

Edited by wobblybob50

Our bins were collected on mondays, at 8 oclock sunday night i was putting the bin out along with the rest of the neighborhood. :)

Just put next doors out, she asked if they were being collected. I said "well we haven't had a leaflet saying otherwise". :|

Went back for ours and the dog started barking, we had a leaflet saying our collection was now going to be on Thursday. :mad:

The guy wasn't hangin about, probabally broke the record for the quickest leaflet delivery service in the world (shame it isn't an olympic event).

You could tell the direction he had travelled by the sequence of angry neighbours coming out onto the street growling and snarling before taking their bins back in. :rant:

I think if he had fell they would have torn him to pieces.

What a right old cack up.

If it was a new tesco opening I am sure the information would have been passed on in plenty of time.

THE NEIGHBOURS WILL THINK i'VE GONE ROUND THE BEND THE WAY I'M LAUGHING!

It appears there was no extra collection. I've rung Veolia this morning, and the young man on the phone kept telling me our next collection is Tuesday. I agreed that is the case for the black bins, but I quoted the green leaflet that we got which clearly states there would be an additional collection of blue bins/boxes on Sat 11th Aug. He said it was a mistake and would be noted. Not sure what good that will be!

I'm now off to return my blue bin & box to the back garden. They'll be collected on Tuesday 21st.

I have no problems with fortnightly collections, however, I do have a problem with misinformation. :rolleyes:

I know! Instead of faffing about putting a tag on the black bin last week (when they emptied that, but failed to empty the blue bins), which told us that the schedules were about to change, and that we could expect to receive a leaflet soon - why didn't they just give out the leaflets there and then?

Nope... put some non-bottles, but quite recyclable plastic in the blue bin and it was left behind with a notice saying it was 'contaminated'.

Vile-ola only want the stuff that they can make money from, the rest they want us to dump so their volume of disposal goes up, so they can charge the council more next time.

Hhmm I had a similar instance with the black bin, I put some wood in and they dumped it on the floor. I just find it hard abiding by the rules. Think the only way Ill save on rubbish if I put all my plastic things in blue bin. If not my house waste bin would be chocka..

I know! Instead of faffing about putting a tag on the black bin last week (when they emptied that, but failed to empty the blue bins), which told us that the schedules were about to change, and that we could expect to receive a leaflet soon - why didn't they just give out the leaflets there and then?

We didn't get a tag, just two leaflets, one giving wrong info!

Our black bin was due to be collected this morning under the new system. Well it has not yet been collected so far. I've rung Veolia and had to hold on for ages as they had so many people calling. When I did eventually speak to someone, she took my number and said I would get a call back as they are so busy.

I guess it will take a few weeks for the new system to bed in.

I put some wood in and they dumped it on the floor

Seems odd, black bins go to the incinerator to generate heat & power (according to my leaflet) so I would have thought free fuel would be a bonus.

Seems odd, black bins go to the incinerator to generate heat & power (according to my leaflet) so I would have thought free fuel would be a bonus.

Yeah i thought the same, Ive just been careful to put 'suspect things' further down.

You need to be more inventive when hiding things in the wheelie, as the bin snoopers are all over these days. put any "Dodgy Items" right in the bottom of the wheelie ,because the snoopers are less likely to go right to the bottom to have a look( thats if they can reach the bottom).

It helps to put a bag full of messy food scraps on top too.

We still havent gotten notification of when our bin will be collected but going to the website, it will be Thursday the 23rd. We normally had black bin collection on Tuesdays, wonder if theyll still collect tomorrow.