Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

So for you the ability to reproduce is the deciding factor whether a couple should be allowed to get married?

This is a factor which differentiates the two groups but some hetrosexual couples are not able to reproduce due to a variety of circumstances but this doesn't change the fact that there are biological differences between the couple.

It interesting and true to form the atheist and anti Christians are very aggression in there posting you called me homophobic others of the same view use bigot and in serious debate resort to talk of spaghetti monsters and fairies.
It's true to form that Christians like you argue so dishonestly (and badly) on the internet.

I have not mentioned Spaghetti monsters or fairies, you're arguing against something that has not been said, dishonestly. Jesus would not approve. It's almost as if you don't actually have a response to what I said... oh wait that's exactly it!

Your not a bible student I guess and there are some wonderful truths in Leviticus and for the times some hard truths they are not for this generation . I don't hate anybody so I'm not a homophobic

The history of atheist posting is conclusive they insult and don't look at the evidence, I have a book called the evidence you decide I'm happy to send it free of charge to you or anybody

I notice you have completely neglected to answer my question.

Do you obey all the rules in leviticus or do you just pick and choose the ones that you like?

Edited by flamingjimmy

You do realise that heterosexual couples produce homosexual kids?

By God, that is a revelation to me.

I thought they only came from homosexuals.

No, not necessarily so. Use by same-sex couples (or by an unattached recipient) of donated eggs/sperm can lead to pregnancy too.

Q: is there any proven statistical association between parents' sexuality and offspring's?

This is a factor which differentiates the two groups but some hetrosexual couples are not able to reproduce due to a variety of circumstances but this doesn't change the fact that there are biological differences between the couple.

Why invent such a clause? The only reason I can see is to exclude same sex couples from marrying. If the state grants them the right to have their marriages and their inevitable divorces, one thing is for sure; your life will not change one iota.

So what's the big deal then?

No, not necessarily so. Use by same-sex couples (or by an unattached recipient) of donated eggs/sperm can lead to pregnancy too.

Q: is there any proven statistical association between parents' sexuality and offspring's?

a child’s primary role models are his or her parents. Bringing a heterosexual child up in a gay household gives them a distorted view of a minority sexuality, just as a girl brought up by two men would fail to benefit from a feminine influence.

. Placing a child too young to have an opinion of their own in the care of a gay couple exposes them to prejudice, and subjects them to ridicule or violence. Whatever ideal we might have, the psychological and physical welfare of the child must come first.

Edited by johncocker

In your view it is discrimination but my view is that it is different.

And as has been pointed out with wearying repetition, difference is discrimination. Your refusing to call it discrimination proves only that you're ignoring plain English to try to make your point.

a child’s primary role models are his or her parents. Bringing a heterosexual child up in a gay household gives them a distorted view of a minority sexuality

No more so than bringing them up in a straight household gives them a distorted view of a majority sexuality. Why are you not worried about that as well?

a child’s primary role models are his or her parents. Bringing a heterosexual child up in a gay household gives them a distorted view of a minority sexuality, just as a girl brought up by two men would fail to benefit from a feminine influence.

. Placing a child too young to have an opinion of their own in the care of a gay couple exposes them to prejudice, and subjects them to ridicule or violence. Whatever ideal we might have, the psychological and physical welfare of the child must come first.

Regarding your first paragraph, it doesn't matter what kind of household you grow up in. It does not determine your sexuality. You can not "catch the gay". It is not a disease or illness. It is not something that can be cured, however many pamphlets your church might hand out that state otherwise.

Why are you so concerned about something that will have zero impact on your life? Let's just let people who want to make a commitment to spending the rest of their lives together something that everyone can enjoy, regardless of their sexual orientation.

No more so than bringing them up in a straight household gives them a distorted view of a majority sexuality. Why are you not worried about that as well?

You ought to change your name to Mr Midshipman Easy.

Arguing pointless points seems to be your forte.