Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Please see my last post.

I did, no matter how you word it, it says you want inequality.

It interesting and true to form the atheist and anti Christians are very aggression in there posting you called me homophobic others of the same view use bigot and in serious debate resort to talk of spaghetti monsters and fairies.

Your not a bible student I guess and there are some wonderful truths in Leviticus and for the times some hard truths they are not for this generation . I don't hate anybody so I'm not a homophobic

The history of atheist posting is conclusive they insult and don't look at the evidence, I have a book called the evidence you decide I'm happy to send it free of charge to you or anybody

It wasn't aggressive, you made a bold statement to which asked a simple and clear question. And true to form, you're trying to avoid it by going on the offensive.

I happen to believe the bible is the word of God and that never changes

I take it then that you follow all of the rules in Leviticus and don't just pick and choose the ones you like then?

So what's the answer? This statement is often made by SOME Christians, then when you ask them if about the nastier/stupid things, they try and wriggle out of it.

And as has been pointed out with wearying repetition, difference is discrimination. Your refusing to call it discrimination proves only that you're ignoring plain English to try to make your point.

Treating the same people differently would be discrimination.

Treating different types of people differently is different.

Man and woman.....Different

Man and man.........Same

Woman and woman..Same

Man and woman.....Different

Man and man.........Same

Woman and woman..Same

Black and white.....Different

Black and black.........Same

White and white..Same

So back of the bus is simply accommodating difference, it is not discrimination?

Regarding your first paragraph, it doesn't matter what kind of household you grow up in. It does not determine your sexuality. You can not "catch the gay". It is not a disease or illness. It is not something that can be cured, however many pamphlets your church might hand out that state otherwise.

Why are you so concerned about something that will have zero impact on your life? Let's just let people who want to make a commitment to spending the rest of their lives together something that everyone can enjoy, regardless of their sexual orientation.

I don't belong to a church , mosque or synagogue .but seeing you're bringing up religion it would be interesting to hear what the muslim,and jews on sheffield forum think of gay marraige