Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Why have different systems?

Marriage was established for man and woman.

Civil partnership was established for homosexual couples.

We can all probably think of hundreds of different reasons to mark the difference between couples, why choose the ability to have children?

Because it is a fundamental difference between hetrosexual and homosexual couples.

Because it is a fundamental difference between hetrosexual and homosexual couples.

So then all you're doing is looking for a reason to deny them the right of marriage, it's like saying that tall people can't marry because they're not short.

Marriage is a man made construct, and as such we control the rules, to say that we are going deny a section of our society the right to marry just because they are different is wrong.

So then all you're doing is looking for a reason to deny them the right of marriage, it's like saying that tall people can't marry because they're not short.

Marriage is a man made construct, and as such we control the rules, to say that we are going deny a section of our society the right to marry just because they are different is wrong.

I am not denying anyone anything.

I am saying there are 2 different systems for 2 different types of people.

As you say we control the rules and obviously the rules do not suit you but do suit others.

It is not wrong to deny a section of society something when they do not fit the criteris and there is an alternative whose criteris they fit.

Edited by harvey19

I am not denying anyone anything.

I am saying there are 2 different systems for 2 different types of people.

As you say we control the rules and obviously the rules do not suit you but do suit others.

It is not wrong to deny a section of society something when they do not fit the criteris and there is an alternative whose criteris they fit.

The debate on this thread is about changing the criteria, I think it should be changed to allow same sex couples to marry; how would it effect you if the criteria was changed?

The debate on this thread is about changing the criteria, I think it should be changed to allow same sex couples to marry; how would it effect you if the criteria was changed?
It may not affect you or I if the age of consent were dropped to 5. Some people would want that - would you object?

I have nothing against gay marriage but think that a church is the wrong place it is against the biblical teaching as is sodomy. The Christian church teaches and believes in the bible and to go against that teaching undermines the Church. I understand that a gay couple might be Christians and want the same rights but a true Church going Christian of either sexuality should understand this is just not right. I know that many priests are gay and maybe one of those may be prepared to marry a gay couple in a place other than a church but no way should they be expected to do it in the house of God.

I have nothing against gay marriage but think that a church is the wrong place it is against the biblical teaching as is sodomy. The Christian church teaches and believes in the bible and to go against that teaching undermines the Church. I understand that a gay couple might be Christians and want the same rights but a true Church going Christian of either sexuality should understand this is just not right. I know that many priests are gay and maybe one of those may be prepared to marry a gay couple in a place other than a church but no way should they be expected to do it in the house of God.

Where owning slaves and stoning women isn't against biblical teaching.