Farmers shooting dogs

Did. Did. Did.

Oh dear, they were "worried"..I wouldn't really cause that harm..not like the dog anyway, the dog's about as harmed as you can get...

I worry, everyone worries..that doesn't mean I go about eliminating everything that worries me in case it does me harm??! In that case, I would have to shoot the whole human population because everyone has the potential to do me harm..

Don't get me wrong, I feel for the sheep, but there are other ways of dealing with this rather than killing, and as humans we are more than capable of thinking of a better way..

Oh dear, they were "worried"..I wouldn't really cause that harm..not like the dog anyway, the dog's about as harmed as you can get...

I worry, everyone worries..that doesn't mean I go about eliminating everything that worries me in case it does me harm??! In that case, I would have to shoot the whole human population because everyone has the potential to do me harm..

Don't get me wrong, I feel for the sheep, but there are other ways of dealing with this rather than killing, and as humans we are more than capable of thinking of a better way..

Oh dear, you really don't have a clue, do you? It's this sort of ignorance that I see daily out in the countryside and it's that attitude that gives dog owners such a bad reputation.

What do you suggest a farmer does when he sees a dog in his field?

Edited by Agent Orange

OK I'll cut to the chase, why is this so called farmer wandering around with a firearm, so close to housing? My thoughts are that he was going to shoot a dog come what may, sadly it was yours.

A local farmer threatened to shoot one of my dogs that was running around when there was absolutely no stock anywhere to be seen, had any appeared she would have come to me when called. I had a quiet word with him as to the pain a double barreled shotgun stuffed up his harris might cause him. He backed down like the coward that I suspected he was, the police need to start cracking down on these wannabe gun slingers.

When a farmer sees a dog in his field were there are sheep he does no care if it is a cuddly harmless pet he sees a dog that is capable of killing his animals any dog is capable of that, a dog will chase a sheep round for hours ripping it to bits and once it draws blood it will go mad its there instinct Iv'e seen whats left of a sheep when a dogs been chasing it,you as a dog owner have to be very careful when you are near any farm animals your loving family pet can change into a killer and it will get shot if it happens to get lose and get into a field of sheep,its nature and that's it keep your dog away from sheep or on a good lead that it can not pull away from.

A while ago i started a thread similar to this......

Fact.... the farmers have the law on their side it doesn't mean it's right....

Fact....there are many irresponsible dog owners out there we all know that...

Fact....there are farmers out there who abuse this law.....

Fact.... i accept if a dog is actually attacking their live stock then its not nice but i acknowledge,the dog will be shot......however

the thread i started was because the owner was there trying,calling their dog back but the farmer chose to shoot the dog anyway.....

How can anyone justify doing that.......THEY CAN'T......

So i still stand by what i said then that some farmers abuse the law knowing they can.....

A while ago i started a thread similar to this......

Fact.... the farmers have the law on their side it doesn't mean it's right....

Fact....there are many irresponsible dog owners out there we all know that...

Fact....there are farmers out there who abuse this law.....

Fact.... i accept if a dog is actually attacking their live stock then its not nice but i acknowledge,the dog will be shot......however

the thread i started was because the owner was there trying,calling their dog back but the farmer chose to shoot the dog anyway.....

How can anyone justify doing that.......THEY CAN'T......

So i still stand by what i said then that some farmers abuse the law knowing they can.....

If the were trying to get the Dog back then it wasnt under control. Regardless of if the owners are nearby or not, they are not in control, the farmers action is justified.

If the were trying to get the Dog back then it wasnt under control. Regardless of if the owners are nearby or not, they are not in control, the farmers action is justified.

There is a difference between a dog running riot in a field intent on hurting the sheep/cows etc......

But when the owner is only a few feet away that was done for the sheer hell of it.....A little compassion under those circumstances would of been nice.....

"Sheep worrying" is a specific term.

It is also wording in the Act.

The OP knows what it means and he acknowledged what happened.

Go and look it up.

There is a difference between a dog running riot in a field intent on hurting the sheep/cows etc......

But when the owner is only a few feet away that was done for the sheer hell of it.....A little compassion under those circumstances would of been nice.....

Typing on a phone so I'll be brief. You said they were trying to get it back. And calling it so I doubt it was only a few feet.

Again if they were trying to get it back they were not in control,

Farmer is justified.