Strike Action - Public Service - 30th November

'Would love to see some of the 3million take over our jobs. they would not last 2 minutes. Well prob couple of hours till the pubs open'

Sorry but that is divisive, anyone can become unemployed, etc..

Looks like they've all gone off to bed early bless 'em.

Should be a good day tomorrow. I hope it's fine for them. Hope they remember to wrap up warm. Wouldn't want any of them catching a chill and calling in sick on Thursday.

Who's gone to bed - just got in old timer 6 hours is and always has been enough kip for me. Another out of work lazy day for you though.:hihi::hihi::hihi: We all know that you won't be working thursday anyway doley. PS nothing against people on the dole - unless they are up their own ---- Hello Jim aka xenia?

Edited by Joe-b-1

'Would love to see some of the 3million take over our jobs. they would not last 2 minutes. Well prob couple of hours till the pubs open'

Sorry but that is divisive, anyone can become unemployed, etc..

I would love to see some public sector workers last a day in a small private sector job, you would not last an hour before wanting to see a union rep, HR representative or H & E official. As public servants, why not go on strike until every private sector job has the same standard as yours? That would really show the people what you are made of.

I must admit being a nurse I dont feel comfortable striking but I am day off tomorrow ! So maybe its fate eh

I would love to see some public sector workers last a day in a small private sector job, you would not last an hour before wanting to see a union rep, HR representative or H & E official. As public servants, why not go on strike until every private sector job has the same standard as yours? That would really show the people what you are made of.

I've worked in both, and I'll take private sector conditions and pay, ANY DAY!

I've worked in both, and I'll take private sector conditions and pay, ANY DAY!

Me 2 mate. I think you will find most of the public sector have so you are wrong Sarkysod.

It makes me ashamed to know that that there are so many, bitter, vindictive losers in Sheffield. For all of you who think that those working in the public sector are locked in ivory towers somewhere, can I ask why you haven't appled for puplic service jobs yourselves? Until relatively recently there were plenty around. Everybody I know though have been put off by the ridiculous low pay.

Ok, teachers and nurses are on slightly better pay but they train hard and work hard. Most of you posting the negative posts about these people probably wouldn't be able to get through the training for these jobs.

It's a long while since I've worked in the public service but I don't miss it one bit. I certainly wouldn't go back to it.

If you're not happy with your lot, change it, rather than slagging other people off for their choices.

It would be so funny if you all ended up in A&E later on today and needed care. You would realise just how valuable nurses are and how much you need them.

I think once upon a time the public sector was a cosy little number, but these days there's as much pressure and professionalism in the public sector as there is in the private sector.

In my early working years I dealt with Sheffield Works Department and they were massively inefficient compared to private contractors, but in time that changed and they were expected to perform efficiently. Obviously now they're run by a private company in Kiers.

I don't support the strike because as I stated on another thread, it's my belief that the whole world has been living beyond their means and now it's time for some reality. We all need to downgrade our financial expectations in the future because there just isn't the money out there anymore. What's being asked of the public sector is no different to what many of us in the private sector are already suffering......We're all in this together.

Unfortunately with there being less money about and people living longer some of the final salary pension schemes are just not going to be affordable to Governments in the future without having extreme taxes on the rest of the country to pay for it....I can't support that.

Regards

Doom

Edited by Doom

I've also worked in both, conditions were pretty much the same.

strike looks solid, couple of line crossers where I work, but more didn't.

the ones who did will be making their own tea for a while I guess.

Doom,

Agree with the majority of your post but your last point doesn't hold water as far as teachers pensions are concerned, the whole scheme is completely viable as it stands, there IS enough in the pot. The extra contributions the govt are imposing are going elsewhere, where I don't know, I'l be chucking an extra £130 a month into that particular black hole.

Not having that without "a hissy fit" or "throwing my toys out" as has been quoted elsewhere.

I would love the inflated pay packet at the end of each month that the private sector would give. Much larger than the meagre one my public sector job dishes out. What are the benefits of public sector jobs- if not the pension?