Help Me Save a Building from being Demolished in the City Centre

Hi all, a planning application has gone in to demolish Hambleton House (Former SYPTE)on Exchange Street. This is such a great building and it would be a crime to see it demolished. I'm currently trying to get it listed I just need some historical and architectural info on the building then so I can submit it for a possible listing.

Here is a pic of it, although it's a old pic.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd49/maddmaxx500/Sheffield/Crime.jpg

good luck - its criminal whats happened to all these fine old buildings in sheff, don't think i can stand the sight of many more steel and glass monstrosities, shame you couldn't have saved my old school (brushes) firth park comp from being flattened and turned into a real eyesore :mad:

I'm usually all for saving Sheffield's pre-war buildings (esp the Old Post Office Building on Fitzalan Square and the old Town Hall on Waingate).

However, not in this case - because the reason for demolishing it is to uncover Sheffield's oldest building (its castle), to turn that into a tourist attraction and green space. So therefore its a sacrifice well worth making.