Help Me Save a Building from being Demolished in the City Centre

It sits next to the Castle Market, which is scheduled for demolition. Like the Market it sits on part of the site of Sheffield Castle, and there is a plan once the Market's gone to open up the site and expose the substantial castle remains, as a public open space.

Yes I know it sits next to the castle market and once the markets are demolished they will open up the castle remains. I just wanted info on the actual building, how do you know that where the building is actually occupies the former site of the castle remains. only a small excavation has been done and that was below the castle market. There is no evidence to suggest that there are castle remains below the building in question.

Yes I know it sits next to the castle market and once the markets are demolished they will open up the castle remains. I just wanted info on the actual building, how do you know that where the building is actually occupies the former site of the castle remains. only a small excavation has been done and that was below the castle market. There is no evidence to suggest that there are castle remains below the building in question.

The original excavation was quite extensive

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/5885-sheffield-castle/

The castle remains are "substantial" now ?

See above

Hi all, a planning application has gone in to demolish Hambleton House (Former SYPTE)on Exchange Street. This is such a great building and it would be a crime to see it demolished. I'm currently trying to get it listed I just need some historical and architectural info on the building then so I can submit it for a possible listing.

Here is a pic of it, although it's a old pic.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd49/maddmaxx500/Sheffield/Crime.jpg

Nice building but out of place and out of its time. Needs something useful and fit for purpose there. I imagine it would cost loads to restore it.